1574Re: Feeding the bees.

  • beekeepbrewer
    Sep 2, 2003
      I am also new to beekeeping. I have two hives right now, from
      packages that I put in last Spring. I am in Texas. This last
      Spring, I used the plastic feeders where you replace a frame. The
      thing that I didn't like is that they don't hold that much, and you
      have to disturb the bees to add more of the syrup mix. I was reading
      about placing an inverted jar on top of the inner cover hole that has
      small holes poked in it. Has anyone tried this method? Any insight
      as to problems associated with or benefits?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic