I keep hearing this nonsense about toxins in plastic. Can somebody please tell me the name of just one of these toxins? And I'm not talking about some of the byproduct solvents from some bizarrely constructed exotic plastics; but what comes out of normal vinyl bead extruded plastic like is used in Permacomb or any other brand of plastic foundation.
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:50 PM, <FarmerBrown49@...>
Question: Does this coating of bees wax stop the plastic from leaching toxicants?
WOW! I've been using it for years and never had any problems at all...Must be mine don't know it is bad for them...Wonder why they sell both items in all of the big Bee Mags as well As Dadants...
From: FarmerBrown49@... <FarmerBrown49@...>
Subject: Re: [Beekeeping] just got my "ultimate" bee keeping kit.
Date: Monday, May 3, 2010, 2:54 PM
If it is PLASTIC through the crap away. Plastic has no place in a hive of bees. Use wood, medal, or Bees wax only. I know of people who are really big on not using chemicals on bees then use plastic foundation, and or plastic frames, plastic queen excluders and such. Plastic is Toxic! it is Toxic to us and is toxic to bees. Plastic along with High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is likely the biggest cause of "Colony Collapse Disorder.