10748Re: Leukemia Survivor Credits Honey for Recovery

  • hivehealth
    Jan 3, 2008

      I believe this honey is produced using the so-called "express method" developed in the former Soviet Union. In this method, bees are fed various combinations of herbal extracts, vitamins, etc.

      SEE: http://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2007/05/online-excerpts-from-russian-apitherapy.html

      --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <intelpete@...> wrote:

      > That special honey is marketed as LifeMel I bet?
      >
      > At $320 a LB plus postage (I think it was) and some very dubious and
      > vague claims regarding feeding herb extracts to their honeybees
      > makes me think this is a ruse to take large amounts of moneu off
      > very sick people (by UK standards adulterated honey is not honey any
      > more) shameful IMO.
      >
      > They have failed to reply to questions from another beekeeped based
      > on another yahoo board, at least that was my most recent
      > understanding regarding some emails sent to their UK distributer;
      > LifeMel originates in Israel.
      >

      > Regards
      >
      > Peter
      > Cambridge UK
      >

      > --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "hivehealth" editor@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Leukemia Survivor Credits Honey for Recovery
      > >

      > > Miraculous Recovery Sweet Tale
      > >
      > > By Mindelle Jacobs, Edmonton Sun (Canada), 1/1/2008
      > >
      > > http://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2008/01/leukemia-survivor-credits-
      > honey-f\
      > > or.html
      > > <http://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2008/01/leukemia-survivor-credits-
      > honey-\
      > > for.html>
      > >

      > > It was an emotional New Year's Eve celebration for Dr. Heime
      > Geffen and
      > > his family last night -- a toast not only to 2008 but to Geffen's
      > > mysterious survival.
      > >

      > > They also raised their glasses to a special honey from the Holy
      > Land
      > > that Geffen believes helped bring him back from the brink of deathÂ…

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic