Re: [Beatty_Byrnes_DNA] New file uploaded to Beatty_Byrnes_DNA

  • Earl Beaty
    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 1, 2008
      John,

      Your network chart is interesting but I have a few questions about the interpretation. First, the general situation. It is my understanding that the lines represent mutations, possibly more than one. The length of the lines are proportional to the weighted number of mutations. A mutation at one of the "fast" markers should produce a short line and a mutation at a "slow" marker a long line. The angle of the lines is arbitrary and unimportant. Are these assumptions correct? If so, it should be possible to count the mutations.

      I am puzzled that two of the green circles are only one step away from the R1bMod. Also the Beatty circle is only 4 steps away from R1bMod, which is surprisingly small. Did the CDY markers get included? I didn't find the Burns circle. Is it easy for you to make available the identity of the numbered haplotypes?

      --Earl
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 28 11:09 AM

        BigY Matrix Update 2 has included/added the 9 recent Beatty Clan Z16433 matches in the Z255 File giving a total of 1 matches so far with a possibility of more to come in the current testing batch at YSEQ.

        Peter D Beattie

        R1b-Z16433.A430/A467