Re: Full Genome Testing

  • Kopfjäger
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 9, 2013
      He everyone,

      I just got back from Alaska earlier this week, and look forward to help start this process.

      Neal

      --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, pabloburns@... wrote:

      > Kirsten,
      > I will be in travel status until about 8 August. When I get home I will contact those behid the Full Genome test to see if payments can be made directly to that company with assignments to a particular test. Several of the officers such as Tilroe and Conroy have been very active on numerous message boards, and I am sure they will cooperate.
      > Paul

    • Lineone
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 10, 2013
        Hi Neal

        Hope you enjoyed your time ‘up-North’. I am a little confused as to which Company/Lab we are approaching for this test and how it will be financed. The messages seem to get rather fragmented so could you update me please? Thanks

        Peter D Beattie
        R1b-Z255/L159.2+
        Kit 3032

        Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:34 AM
        Subject: [Beatty_Byrnes_DNA] Re: Full Genome Testing

        Hi Pete,

        I think a number of folks, including yourself, have made very generous pledges. Whomever the group is fine with choosing, that is fine with me! Either way, we're bound to make some interesting discoveries through full genome testing.

        Neal

        --- In mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA%40yahoogroups.com, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:

        > Hi Peter,
        >
        > I do not know about the budgeting and am not sure if the group will
        accept my offer. I hope they do.

        > Pete
        >
        > Kit 158241

        href="mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lineone

        Subject: Re: [Beatty_Byrnes_DNA] Full Genome Testing

        > Hi Pete
        >
        > Good on you being a kindred
        sprite but your lineage has earlier traceability than mine in Ulster/Ireland. Bur I would happy to provide some financial support â€" how far off are we from a workable budget to proceed?

        > Peter D
        Beattie

        > Kit 3032
        >
        > R1bvâ€"z255/L152.9

        read this chain. I am 255+/159.2+ with the last name of Beatty. My confirmed lineage goes to 1740 with the family residing in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland for over 160 years. I would be willing to cover $600 if the group would be interested in my Full Genome testing.

        > Pete Beatty (kit
        #158241)

        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Beatty_Byrnes_DNA;_ylc=X3oDMTJmaTY5dDRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIyMzU2NTgzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MDg3NgRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNzQzMTQyMTQ-">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Beatty_Byrnes_DNA;_ylc=X3oDMTJmaTY5dDRoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIyMzU2NTgzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MDg3NgRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNzQzMTQyMTQ-> Visit Your Group

        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMTRocnJsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIyMzU2NTgzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MDg3NgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM3NDMxNDIxNA--">http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMTRocnJsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIyMzU2NTgzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MDg3NgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM3NDMxNDIxNA--> Yahoo! Groups

        > Switch to: <mailto:
        href="mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA-traditional%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA-traditional%40yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional> Text-Only, <mailto:mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA-digest%40yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest> Daily Digest • <mailto:mailto:Beatty_Byrnes_DNA-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe> Unsubscribe • <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Use • <mailto:mailto:ygroupsnotifications%40yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1> Send us Feedback

        > .
        >
        > <
        href="http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=22356583/grpspId=1705040876/msgId=4470/stime=1374314214">http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=22356583/grpspId=1705040876/msgId=4470/stime=1374314214>

      • burnspaulj
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 10, 2013
          The company is Full Genomes Corporation of Rockville MD--website https://www.fullgenomes.com/. I was wrong about Vince Tilroe being associated with it, but Paul Conroy is. I asked on another board when the first round of test results would be returned and was informed it would be mid-September.
          Paul Burns
        • Kopfjäger
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 10, 2013
            Thanks, Paul. I am guessing the process for yDNA is similar to full genome testing for mtDNA.

            Have we decided on how to coordinate the pledges yet? Once we have enough for the first test, can we just order it?

            Neal

            --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, pabloburns@... wrote:

            > The company is Full Genomes Corporation of Rockville MD--website https://www.fullgenomes.com/. I was wrong about Vince Tilroe being associated with it, but Paul Conroy is. I asked on another board when the first round of test results would be returned and was informed it would be mid-September.
            > Paul Burns

          • burnspaulj
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 11, 2013
              Neal,
              I emailed Paul Conroy--the only officer of Full Genomes Corp that I am familiar with--to ask if FGC can establish an account in a potential testee's name so that contributions can be made to it by others. He hasn't answered yet. I know that FTDNA allows that procedure, so surely FGC can.
              One thing that still bothers me is that a single test of a Z255/L159.2 person will not be enough. Although it presumably would identify many new SNPs, there will be no way to tell whether they are private to the testee or true dividers. We will need several tests. Paul Conroy reported that his pilot test (he is M222) produced 44 new SNPs, but until other M222 results are available to compare, there is no way to determine their general worth.
              Paul Burns
            • Lineone
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 11, 2013
                Hi Paul
                I have looked at the FGC Website that shows advanced testing for STR’s and SNP. The technology rather difficult to follow for the layman and there does not appear to be any selective test for SNP’s only! Their haplotree is rather difficult to follow to find L21 and DF13 does not exist but seems to be called CTS241 and Z255 is called S219 but they do recognise L159.2! I assume that those on their Haplotree are the ones they test for? But is there any ‘room-to-find’ any new SNPs downstream from those they test for? The full STR/SNP test is 1499USD.

                Peter D Beattie
                R1b-Z255/L159.2 derived
                Kit 3032

                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 11, 2013
                  Hi Paul,

                  How many tests do you envisage would be enough? It sounds like we have at least two full genome tests that folks are interested in doing - one Z255+, L159.2- and one Z255+, L159.2+.

                  Neal

                  --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, pabloburns@... wrote:

                  > Neal,
                  > I emailed Paul Conroy--the only officer of Full Genomes Corp that I am familiar with--to ask if FGC can establish an account in a potential testee's name so that contributions can be made to it by others. He hasn't answered yet. I know that FTDNA allows that procedure, so surely FGC can.
                  > One thing that still bothers me is that a single test of a Z255/L159.2 person will not be enough. Although it presumably would identify many new SNPs, there will be no way to tell whether they are private to the testee or true dividers. We will need several tests. Paul Conroy reported that his pilot test (he is M222) produced 44 new SNPs, but until other M222 results are available to compare, there is no way to determine their general worth.
                  > Paul Burns

                • Lineone
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 23 5:12 AM
                    Hi Pete
                    Hope you are coping OK with your problem. May I ask if you ever got an answer from Kirsten Saxe on your generous offer of help?
                    Regards

                    Peter D Beattie

                    Good on you being a kindred sprite but your lineage has earlier traceability than mine in Ulster/Ireland. Bur I would happy to provide some financial support – how far off are we from a workable budget to proceed?

                    Peter D Beattie

                    Kit 3032

                    R1bv—z255/L152.9

                    Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 7:30 PM

                    Just got back to my machine and read this chain.  I am 255+/159.2+ with the last name of Beatty.  My confirmed lineage goes to 1740 with the family residing in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland for over 160 years.  I would be willing to cover $600 if the group would be interested in my Full Genome testing.

                    Pete Beatty (kit #158241)

                  • Pete Beatty
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 23 6:50 AM
                      Everything is proceeding nicely, Thanks

                      The offer never received a response so I simply forgot it.

                      I also noticed some communications on the 46 project and would only say that I am not an active administrator of the project and was only listed so that I could look at the data work I was doing with "Earl" several years ago.

                      Best
                      Pete

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 7:30 PM