Re: [Beatty_Byrnes_DNA] Beatty L159.2/CCGG

  • Paul Ó Duḃṫaiġ
    Message 1 of 16 , May 13, 2013
      I'm not sure about Scotland but Gleason is also known as an Irish surname, example been the Irish actor Brendan Gleeson.

      Ó GLASÁIN—IO Glassane, O Glessaine, O Gleasan, Glessane, Glissane, Glissawn, Gleason, Gleeson; 'descendant of Glasán' (diminutive of glas, grey); a common surname in all the south of Ireland, especially in Cork, Limerick, Tipperary and Kilkenny; now generally pronounced Ó Gliasáin.

      Ó GLIASÁIN, see Ó Glasáin.

      Regards
      -Paul
      (DF41+)

      On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Lineone <pdbeattie@...> wrote:

      Hi

      You obviously have British connections in the ancient Gaelic line. That means that us Gaels here in the UK come from one of the early tribes here i.e. Z255 that are also L21/DF13 derived (+) but your Z255 branched off fairly early and are collateral to your remote cousins that are Z255 and L159.2+ (derived) that branched of Z255 later. Quite simple really but you are looking back to a period of probable pre-history! Hope that helps.

      Peter D Beattie
      R-Z255/L159.2+

      Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:28 PM
      Subject: RE: [Beatty_Byrnes_DNA] Beatty L159.2/CCGG

      To Whom It May Concern:

      According to FTDNA tests, I am L-159.2 Negative and according to NG’s Geno 2.0, my father’s line is being identified as R-Z255 Positive.  Can someone explain the significance of these two results?

      Sincerely,

      Enrique Treat Gleason