DF13 and Z255 Status at ISOGG

  • Kopfjäger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2012
      Hey everybody,

      I noticed a couple of folks ordered the new DF13 SNP that is supposed to define a large a group within R1b-L21. Once we get some preliminary results, we should be able to see where Z255/L159.2 fits within the grander scheme of things.

      Margaret Jordan also sent me an e-mail about the status of Z255 and its listing on the ISOGG tree. From what I gather, it is not on the ISOGG tree, but is listed on Thomas Krahn's draft R1b tree, right above L159.2 but not given a haplogroup designation. It is important we get Z255 on the ISOGG tree, and I have said before that maybe Z255 should take L159.2's place as a stable SNP. We still have these lingering test results of men who are L159.2+ but Z255-, and they do not match the Irish Sea Haplotype.

      Does anyone have any thoughts on DF13, or more importantly, how to get Z255 on the official, ISOGG SNP tree? Our group is far too important to not have Z255 listed.

      Neal