Re: [Beatty_Byrnes_DNA] Beatty-Byrnes cluster is DF21-

  • Ian lansbury fitwilliam
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2011
      Just to let you know that I too tested for this SNP and came back negative.

      Ian

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2011
        Thank you, Ian. FTDNA is supposed to be offering a SNP test for another recently discovered SNP, DF23, soon. DF23 is upstream of M222, and our BBC haplotypes show some similarities to M222+ haplotypes on DYS448, DYS449, and the CDY markers. I am interested in obtaining a BBC result for DF23.

        Kirsten

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2011
          I don't mind testing for it when it becomes available.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2011
            Thank you. I will let you know as soon as I find out that it has been listed - unless you find out about it before that and I see an order notification. I know you follow new developments closely, so I would not be surprised if that were to happen.

            Kirsten

            I don't mind testing for it when it becomes available.

            Thank you, Ian. FTDNA is supposed to be offering a SNP test for another recently discovered SNP, DF23, soon. DF23 is upstream of M222, and our BBC haplotypes show some similarities to M222+ haplotypes on DYS448, DYS449, and the CDY markers. I am interested in obtaining a BBC result for DF23.

            Kirsten

            Just to let you know that I too tested for this SNP and came back negative.

            Ian

            I want to thank Gerry Adams for ordering testing for DF21, a recently discovered SNP that is found in a substantial proportion of R-L21 men. Gerry tested negative for DF21. It is useful and interesting to know that the Beatty-Byrnes Cluster is negative for this SNP.

            Kirsten

          • Gerard C Adams
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2011

              Hello Kirsten and Ian,

              I’ll be happy to order this SNP also when it shows up in the Advanced orders.

              Cheers

              Gerry

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2011
                Hello Gerry and Ian,

                I just had the opportunity to compare your results, and they show that you are not particularly similar and thus you are probably from distinct branches of the BBC. I think it would be good if both of you tested DF23. I hope it shows up on the menu soon. Thank you for your continuing support of the project.

                All the best,

                Kirsten