Fwd: Family Tree DNA's Sizzling Summer"Beatty

  • dnalister@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2010
      Hi Everybody,

      This is just to let you know that FTDNA has announced a sale on Y DNA testing and Y DNA testing combined with HVR1+HVR2 testing.You can find the details about the sale in the forwarded message. Of course most everyone reading this already has Y DNA test results for at least some of their lines. If you have been thinking about arranging for testing of known or possible cousins who have not previously tested, this would be a very good time to do that. We have seen the 37 marker test for $119 before, but only during these sales that have been coming just twice a year. For only $20 more than the cost of a 12 marker test, it's now possible to get 37 marker test results. I would say that obtaining HVR1+HVR2 mitochondrial DNA results for an additional $40 by ordering the package deal is also a very good deal, and it's a carrot that we might be able to use to persuade some of our more thrifty cousins to invest a little in testing.

      The 67 marker price is also very good. If FTDNA offers one of their $79 sale prices to upgrade from 37 to 67 markers, it would be possible to beat the $199 total price by $1, but otherwise, testing to 37 markers now and upgrading to 67 markers later at the usual upgrade cost of $99 will cost $19 more than testing to 67 markers now.

      I hope that some of us are able to benefit from this promotion.

      Kirsten