Re: more results?

  • jbander
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2010
      This is all interesting and confusing at the same time. Clearly I have much to learn about genetic distance, mutation, and human migration.

      As for a link to the Isles, my ancestor, A. Anderson, was said to have migrated to Canada from Scotland. His son consistently lists Scotland as his father's birthplace on census documents throughout his life. I've also found some civil war records that may be his, that say he was a Scot.

      Are there maps or timelines that tell the story of the Beatty-Byrnes Cluster ancestors? How old is the line? When might this common ancestor have lived?

      I'm happy to be here learning and investigating with all of you.

      --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, dnalister@... wrote:

      > Yes, Jeff, welcome to the BBC (Beatty-Byrnes Cluster, aka Leinster Cluster)! I have also concluded that your ccgg results were correctly reported. I know you have a brick wall in the US. Do you know whether you have any Anderson matches with lines traced to a location in the Isles?
      >
      > It would be interesting to find out whether you are L159+. Your haplotype does match perfectly on all of the key markers for the BBC, so you probably are. One interesting thing about your haplotype is the fact that you miss the typical R-L21 result of 13 repeats on the DYS487 marker by 2, and DYS487 is a marker which does not mutate very often. I think this is one of the main reasons why some phylogenetic charts that I have seen show a longer path to your haplotype than average. You also have two step variations on the faster markers DYS458 and DYS464c, along with single step variations on the markers DYS456, DYS607, and DYS576. Including your haplotype in age calculations will probably slightly increase age estimates for the BBC as a result of this variation.
      >
      > Kirsten

    • jbander
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 13, 2013
        I finally did the L159 test and it returned positive, as you suspected it would.

        So, I am in R1b1a2a1a1b4f

        --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, dnalister@... wrote:

        > Yes, Jeff, welcome to the BBC (Beatty-Byrnes Cluster, aka Leinster Cluster)! I have also concluded that your ccgg results were correctly reported. I know you have a brick wall in the US. Do you know whether you have any Anderson matches with lines traced to a location in the Isles?
        >
        > It would be interesting to find out whether you are L159+. Your haplotype does match perfectly on all of the key markers for the BBC, so you probably are. One interesting thing about your haplotype is the fact that you miss the typical R-L21 result of 13 repeats on the DYS487 marker by 2, and DYS487 is a marker which does not mutate very often. I think this is one of the main reasons why some phylogenetic charts that I have seen show a longer path to your haplotype than average. You also have two step variations on the faster markers DYS458 and DYS464c, along with single step variations on the markers DYS456, DYS607, and DYS576. Including your haplotype in age calculations will probably slightly increase age estimates for the BBC as a result of this variation.
        >
        > Kirsten

      • Lineone
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 14, 2013
          Hi

          You probably like to know that I am upgrading from WTY to Big Y and have a confirmation of the current discount for this on their Sale Price. Orders being taken to end of November. Lets hope that I get a hit for an unknown SNP this time?

          Peter D Beattie – Kit 3032
          R1b-Z255/L159.2 derived

          "jbander" <jbander@...>

        • Pete Beatty
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 14, 2013

            You can also add be to the list for Big Y.

            Pete Beatty – Kit  158241

            You probably like to know that I am upgrading from WTY to Big Y and have a confirmation of the current discount for this on their Sale Price. Orders being taken to end of November. Lets hope that I get a hit for an unknown SNP this time?

            Peter D Beattie – Kit 3032

            R1b-Z255/L159.2 derived

            I finally did the L159 test and it returned positive, as you suspected it would.

            So, I am in R1b1a2a1a1b4f

            --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, dnalister@... wrote:

            > Yes, Jeff, welcome to the BBC (Beatty-Byrnes Cluster, aka Leinster Cluster)! I have also concluded that your ccgg results were correctly reported. I know you have a brick wall in the US. Do you know whether you have any Anderson matches with lines traced to a location in the Isles?
            >
            > It would be interesting to find out whether you are L159+. Your haplotype does match perfectly on all of the key markers for the BBC, so you probably are. One interesting thing about your haplotype is the fact that you miss the typical R-L21 result of 13 repeats on the DYS487 marker by 2, and DYS487 is a marker which does not mutate very often. I think this is one of the main reasons why some phylogenetic charts that I have seen show a longer path to your haplotype than average. You also have two step variations on the faster markers DYS458 and DYS464c, along with single step variations on the markers DYS456, DYS607, and DYS576. Including your haplotype in age calculations will probably slightly increase age estimates for the BBC as a result of this variation.
            >
            > Kirsten

          • Ian lansbury fitwilliam
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 22, 2013
              My Big Y results due on 6th january 2014.

              On Thursday, 14 November 2013, 14:12, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:

              You can also add be to the list for Big Y.

              Pete Beatty – Kit  158241

              You probably like to know that I am upgrading from WTY to Big Y and have a confirmation of the current discount for this on their Sale Price. Orders being taken to end of November. Lets hope that I get a hit for an unknown SNP this time?

              Peter D Beattie – Kit 3032
              R1b-Z255/L159.2 derived

              I finally did the L159 test and it returned positive, as you suspected it would.

              So, I am in R1b1a2a1a1b4f

              --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, dnalister@... wrote:

              > Yes, Jeff, welcome to the BBC (Beatty-Byrnes Cluster, aka Leinster Cluster)! I have also concluded that your ccgg results were correctly reported. I know you have a brick wall in the US. Do you know whether you have any Anderson matches with lines traced to a location in the Isles?
              >
              > It would be interesting to find out whether you are L159+. Your haplotype does match perfectly on all of the key markers for the BBC, so you probably are. One interesting thing about your haplotype is the fact that you miss the typical R-L21 result of 13 repeats on the DYS487 marker by 2, and DYS487 is a marker which does not mutate very often. I think this is one of the main reasons why some phylogenetic charts that I have seen show a longer path to your haplotype than average. You also have two step variations on the faster markers DYS458 and DYS464c, along with single step variations on the markers DYS456, DYS607, and DYS576. Including your haplotype in age calculations will probably slightly increase age estimates for the BBC as a result of this variation.
              >
              > Kirsten

            • jbander
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 22, 2013
                Ian,

                I'll be interested in your result. What additional data is gained? You always show as one of my closer matches.

                --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                > My Big Y results due on 6th january 2014.
                >

                > On Thursday, 14 November 2013, 14:12, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:
                >

                > You can also add be to the list for Big Y.
                >
                > Pete Beatty â€" Kit  158241

              • Ian lansbury fitwilliam
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 24, 2013
                  Hi Jeff,

                  Not sure what will be the result of the Big Y, did test with Britain's DNA but no new info. Hope that this time with all the people testing th Big Y that we will get something positive.

                  Ian

                  On Saturday, 23 November 2013, 2:35, jbander <jbander@...> wrote:

                  Ian,

                  I'll be interested in your result. What additional data is gained? You always show as one of my closer matches.

                  --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                  > My Big Y results due on 6th january 2014.
                  >

                  > On Thursday, 14 November 2013, 14:12, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > You can also add be to the list for Big Y.
                  >
                  > Pete Beatty â€" Kit  158241

                • Mike W
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 24, 2013
                    We now have 200 R1b-L21 people with Big Y orders.

                    I know this is asking a lot, but it would be ideal to have three tests per each major cluster within Z255 with two of the tests being on outer edges (more diverse) from the modal for the cluster.

                    I wasn't sure we could do it, but in my only direct paternal little cluster under L513 two of us ordered individually and four people pooled their resources for the other and will have a drawing (to be video'd no less) to see what kit # gets the order. In another cluster 12 people contributed $50 each.

                    The reason I recommend three is that should give us a lot to triangulate with to easily identify any common SNP marking the cluster and finding others that look to divide within it.

                    I think that the pricing at $695 is competitively fair so if you are considering this an option, you for sure want to order by November 30th to save $200 and get the $495 price. This is the latest technology, "Next Generation Sequencing", and covers much, much larger areas of the Y chromosome than we've had before.

                    Over the long run, perhaps the most exciting aspect of all of this is National Genographic has stirred up interest in Ireland with their Co. Mayo project and their Geno 2 product.
                    http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/11/21/the-genographic-project-returns-to-ireland-to-reveal-dna-results/

                    That's what we really need. More testing in places where our MDKAs might be from. Just like in the old WTY's, SNPs identified and tested in FTDNA's Houston lab have excellent chances of finding their way into future versions of whatever replaces Geno 2 (which needs replacing) since National Genographic uses FTDNA for their testing.

                    Regards,
                    Mike W

                    On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                    Hi Jeff,

                    Not sure what will be the result of the Big Y, did test with Britain's DNA but no new info. Hope that this time with all the people testing th Big Y that we will get something positive.

                    Ian

                    On Saturday, 23 November 2013, 2:35, jbander <jbander@...> wrote:

                    Ian,

                    I'll be interested in your result. What additional data is gained? You always show as one of my closer matches.

                    --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                    > My Big Y results due on 6th january 2014.
                    >

                    > On Thursday, 14 November 2013, 14:12, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > You can also add be to the list for Big Y.
                    >
                    > Pete Beatty â€" Kit  158241

                  • John W.Coyle
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 24, 2013
                      Do we know what the current count is for each major cluster?
                      I know I am on the list for Z255, L159.2+

                      John Coyle

                    • Enrique Treat Gleason
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 24, 2013

                        To Whom It May Concern:

                        I am merely reporting that I ordered the BIG-Y Test last week.  My name is Enrique Treat Gleason (William H. Gleason’s great-grandson) and my Kit Number is N101540.

                        Enrique Treat Gleason

                        We now have 200 R1b-L21 people with Big Y orders.

                        I know this is asking a lot, but it would be ideal to have three tests per each major cluster within Z255 with two of the tests being on outer edges (more diverse) from the modal for the cluster.

                        I wasn't sure we could do it, but in my only direct paternal little cluster under L513 two of us ordered individually and four people pooled their resources for the other and will have a drawing (to be video'd no less) to see what kit # gets the order. In another cluster 12 people contributed $50 each.

                        The reason I recommend three is that should give us a lot to triangulate with to easily identify any common SNP marking the cluster and finding others that look to divide within it.

                        I think that the pricing at $695 is competitively fair so if you are considering this an option, you for sure want to order by November 30th to save $200 and get the $495 price. This is the latest technology, "Next Generation Sequencing", and covers much, much larger areas of the Y chromosome than we've had before.

                        Over the long run, perhaps the most exciting aspect of all of this is National Genographic has stirred up interest in Ireland with their Co. Mayo project and their Geno 2 product.
                        http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/11/21/the-genographic-project-returns-to-ireland-to-reveal-dna-results/

                        That's what we really need. More testing in places where our MDKAs might be from. Just like in the old WTY's, SNPs identified and tested in FTDNA's Houston lab have excellent chances of finding their way into future versions of whatever replaces Geno 2 (which needs replacing) since National Genographic uses FTDNA for their testing.

                        Regards,
                        Mike W

                        On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                        Hi Jeff,

                        Not sure what will be the result of the Big Y, did test with Britain's DNA but no new info. Hope that this time with all the people testing th Big Y that we will get something positive.

                        Ian

                        On Saturday, 23 November 2013, 2:35, jbander <jbander@...> wrote:

                        Ian,

                        I'll be interested in your result. What additional data is gained? You always show as one of my closer matches.

                        --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                        > My Big Y results due on 6th january 2014.
                        >

                        > On Thursday, 14 November 2013, 14:12, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:
                        >

                        > You can also add be to the list for Big Y.
                        >
                        > Pete Beatty â€" Kit  158241

                      • neal_runs
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 24, 2013

                          Thanks again everyone for letting the group know about your Big Y order. The following clusters and their respective surnames have ordered Big Y:

                          - Z255+, L159.2- (or presumed L159.2-) Cluster: O'Shea, Phelps, Gleason, Prendergast

                          - Z255+, L159.2+: Doty, Coyle, Fitzwilliam, Rennie, Beaty, Beattie, Murphy, Knowles

                          So, that is (11) Z255 Big Y tests on order.

                          Neal

                          ---In beatty_byrnes_dna@yahoogroups.com, <treatgleason@...> wrote:

                          To Whom It May Concern:

                          I am merely reporting that I ordered the BIG-Y Test last week.  My name is Enrique Treat Gleason (William H. Gleason’s great-grandson) and my Kit Number is N101540.

                          Enrique Treat Gleason

                          We now have 200 R1b-L21 people with Big Y orders.

                          I know this is asking a lot, but it would be ideal to have three tests per each major cluster within Z255 with two of the tests being on outer edges (more diverse) from the modal for the cluster.

                          I wasn't sure we could do it, but in my only direct paternal little cluster under L513 two of us ordered individually and four people pooled their resources for the other and will have a drawing (to be video'd no less) to see what kit # gets the order. In another cluster 12 people contributed $50 each.

                          The reason I recommend three is that should give us a lot to triangulate with to easily identify any common SNP marking the cluster and finding others that look to divide within it.

                          I think that the pricing at $695 is competitively fair so if you are considering this an option, you for sure want to order by November 30th to save $200 and get the $495 price. This is the latest technology, "Next Generation Sequencing", and covers much, much larger areas of the Y chromosome than we've had before.

                          Over the long run, perhaps the most exciting aspect of all of this is National Genographic has stirred up interest in Ireland with their Co. Mayo project and their Geno 2 product.
                          http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/11/21/the-genographic-project-returns-to-ireland-to-reveal-dna-results/

                          That's what we really need. More testing in places where our MDKAs might be from. Just like in the old WTY's, SNPs identified and tested in FTDNA's Houston lab have excellent chances of finding their way into future versions of whatever replaces Geno 2 (which needs replacing) since National Genographic uses FTDNA for their testing.

                          Regards,
                          Mike W

                          On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                          Hi Jeff,

                          Not sure what will be the result of the Big Y, did test with Britain's DNA but no new info. Hope that this time with all the people testing th Big Y that we will get something positive.

                          Ian

                          On Saturday, 23 November 2013, 2:35, jbander <jbander@...> wrote:

                          Ian,

                          I'll be interested in your result. What additional data is gained? You always show as one of my closer matches.

                          --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                          > My Big Y results due on 6th january 2014.
                          >

                          > On Thursday, 14 November 2013, 14:12, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:
                          >

                          > You can also add be to the list for Big Y.
                          >
                          > Pete Beatty â€" Kit  158241

                        • neal_runs

                            We now have 200 R1b-L21 people with Big Y orders.

                            I know this is asking a lot, but it would be ideal to have three tests per each major cluster within Z255 with two of the tests being on outer edges (more diverse) from the modal for the cluster.

                            I wasn't sure we could do it, but in my only direct paternal little cluster under L513 two of us ordered individually and four people pooled their resources for the other and will have a drawing (to be video'd no less) to see what kit # gets the order. In another cluster 12 people contributed $50 each.

                            The reason I recommend three is that should give us a lot to triangulate with to easily identify any common SNP marking the cluster and finding others that look to divide within it.

                            I think that the pricing at $695 is competitively fair so if you are considering this an option, you for sure want to order by November 30th to save $200 and get the $495 price. This is the latest technology, "Next Generation Sequencing", and covers much, much larger areas of the Y chromosome than we've had before.

                            Over the long run, perhaps the most exciting aspect of all of this is National Genographic has stirred up interest in Ireland with their Co. Mayo project and their Geno 2 product.
                            http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/11/21/the-genographic-project-returns-to-ireland-to-reveal-dna-results/

                            That's what we really need. More testing in places where our MDKAs might be from. Just like in the old WTY's, SNPs identified and tested in FTDNA's Houston lab have excellent chances of finding their way into future versions of whatever replaces Geno 2 (which needs replacing) since National Genographic uses FTDNA for their testing.

                            Regards,
                            Mike W

                            On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                            Hi Jeff,

                            Not sure what will be the result of the Big Y, did test with Britain's DNA but no new info. Hope that this time with all the people testing th Big Y that we will get something positive.

                            Ian

                            On Saturday, 23 November 2013, 2:35, jbander <jbander@...> wrote:

                            Ian,

                            I'll be interested in your result. What additional data is gained? You always show as one of my closer matches.

                            --- In Beatty_Byrnes_DNA@yahoogroups.com, Ian lansbury fitwilliam <ilansburyfitzwilliam@...> wrote:

                            > My Big Y results due on 6th january 2014.
                            >

                            > On Thursday, 14 November 2013, 14:12, Pete Beatty <pete.beatty@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > You can also add be to the list for Big Y.
                            >
                            > Pete Beatty â€" Kit  158241

                          • Richard Park
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 24, 2013

                              As a I.