For the Admins

  • Lochlan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009
      I just received a copy of this email.

      Hello John,

      Well there is nothing like being a YEAR late and a dollar short.  I have been meaning to join this project for a year and had this email at the bottom of a big pile!

      I clicked on your link below and so I think I "joined" the project.  Can you tell me how to go ahead and order the test for ccgg on my husband?  I clicked the options to order tests and do not see it anywhere.

      Hope it is not too late to join in and I apologize for lapse!

      Sincerely,
      Susan Murphy

      Did she manage to join the project and could one of the admins tell her what it's all about.

      Email address = Uberlingen@...

      This is one of the matching Murphy samples.  I think right now we only have one in the project.  More are in my spreadsheets.

      Murphy is a name strongly associated with the Leinster chieftains.  Not only was there a small sept of Murphys, maybe two, but it's even possible some of the leading MacMurroughs also wound up with this surname.  That's something I've never been sure of.  Even though it's normally anglicized MacMurrough, the name in Irish is MacMurchadha - the same name also anglicised as Murphy.

      Maybe some of the Leinster experts might have an opinion on this.

      John
    • dnalister@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009
        Well, I was pretty sure that we would see more members joining the project as summer draws to a close, but not so soon. Susan did successfully enroll her Murphy. I'm really glad that she did get to the bottom of her e-mail pile. Since she had asked you about ordering the test, I did send her directions for doing that. I will write to her again soon.

        Thank you, John. I hope that we get a few more members from among those who were contacted previously and did not immediately join us.

        I hope that some of you who read this will be encouraged to try contacting just one or two of the people on your match lists and let them know that our project might be of interest to them. If they are interested, it's a good idea to encourage them to join this group as well as the project. They can enroll in both groups at the same time, or they can start with one, which may serve as a stepping stone to the other if it stirs their interest sufficiently.

        We have received interesting test results for some of our members recently. Hopefully I will be able to post about some of them tomorrow.

        Cheers,

        Kirsten