Re: Requesting help with a 240

  • Greg Stoll
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
      Hi Kevin,

      There were two different layouts offered on the 240. Does your boat
      have the two rows of windows (12 total) or just the single row of
      windows (4 total)?

      The layout listed in the brochure from the previous post is for the 4
      window model.

      Greg

      --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "augusta.kevin"
      <augustakevin@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > We have just purchased a Buccaneer 240 and need to rebuild the cabin
      > (it was gutted due to water damage/rot). I have searched in vain to
      > find photos or a good layout of the cabin so that we can cut the
      wood
      > and such. If any 240 owners can send photos of their cabin
      (multiple
      > shots showing the galley, dinette area, and the space below the
      cockpit
      > (we do not have an inboard)) it would help a lot. Also, if some one
      > could provide a rough sketch of the cabin with dimensions that would
      be
      > awesome.
      > Sorry if this request is not the norm, but this is our first boat
      and
      > we are excited. But, we do not want to make any mistakes that can
      be
      > avoided.
      >
      > Thank you all,
      > Kevin in Augusta, GA

    • augusta.kevin
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
        Hello Greg,

        Thanks for the replies everyone. My boat has the twelve windows and
        almost no interior.

        I have a copy of the original manual and pdfs of the fliers. Those
        are nice, but I kind of wanted to see how the area in the galley was
        set up and what exactly is in the double bunk area under the
        cockpit. Measurements of the entire interior would help a lot as I
        am starting from scratch.

        Thanks again,
        Kevin

        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Stoll"
        <gregstoll80@...> wrote:

        > Hi Kevin,
        >
        > There were two different layouts offered on the 240. Does your
        boat
        > have the two rows of windows (12 total) or just the single row of
        > windows (4 total)?
        >
        > The layout listed in the brochure from the previous post is for
        the 4
        > window model.
        >
        > Greg
        >
        > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "augusta.kevin"
        > <augustakevin@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello all,
        > >
        > > We have just purchased a Buccaneer 240 and need to rebuild the
        cabin
        > > (it was gutted due to water damage/rot). I have searched in
        vain to
        > > find photos or a good layout of the cabin so that we can cut the
        > wood
        > > and such. If any 240 owners can send photos of their cabin
        > (multiple
        > > shots showing the galley, dinette area, and the space below the
        > cockpit
        > > (we do not have an inboard)) it would help a lot. Also, if some
        one
        > > could provide a rough sketch of the cabin with dimensions that
        would
        > be
        > > awesome.
        > > Sorry if this request is not the norm, but this is our first
        boat
        > and
        > > we are excited. But, we do not want to make any mistakes that
        can
        > be
        > > avoided.
        > >
        > > Thank you all,
        > > Kevin in Augusta, GA

      • Phil Collins
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
          Look in the Files section > Brochures.

          Also see the Links section for links to other places that may have
          helpful files.

          Your chainplate bulkheads have to go where they have to go, so
          everything else works from those. Measurements not really needed,
          set it up the way YOU'd like it. You don't have to follow one of
          the factory floorplans if you don't want to.
          (For example I moved every single piece of "furniture" in my 220,
          partly because not one piece of it was level and plumb from the
          factory, but mostly to make the vee berth longer and to get the
          chainplate bulkheads under the chainplates where they belong instead
          of having those stupid thick spacer blocks.)

          <augustakevin@...> wrote:
          Also, if some one
          > could provide a rough sketch of the cabin with dimensions that
          would be
          > awesome.
          > Sorry if this request is not the norm, but this is our first boat
          and
          > we are excited. But, we do not want to make any mistakes that can
          be
          > avoided.
          >
          > Thank you all,
          > Kevin in Augusta, GA

        • Phil Collins
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
            personally, THIS is the interior I would go for!

            http://www.rareyachts.com/userfiles/luxury_yacht_03.jpg
          • jeri0790
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2013
              do you still need help on size and meas.? i have a 24. tom