Re: Requesting help with a 240

  • michiganbucc240
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
      Kevin,

      Check out http://www.diysailor.com/index.php/buccaneer-info/133-
      buccanner-specs-for-all-models.html there are some brochures there
      which will give you an overview of the layout.

      Eric
    • Greg Stoll
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
        Hi Kevin,

        There were two different layouts offered on the 240. Does your boat
        have the two rows of windows (12 total) or just the single row of
        windows (4 total)?

        The layout listed in the brochure from the previous post is for the 4
        window model.

        Greg

        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "augusta.kevin"
        <augustakevin@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > We have just purchased a Buccaneer 240 and need to rebuild the cabin
        > (it was gutted due to water damage/rot). I have searched in vain to
        > find photos or a good layout of the cabin so that we can cut the
        wood
        > and such. If any 240 owners can send photos of their cabin
        (multiple
        > shots showing the galley, dinette area, and the space below the
        cockpit
        > (we do not have an inboard)) it would help a lot. Also, if some one
        > could provide a rough sketch of the cabin with dimensions that would
        be
        > awesome.
        > Sorry if this request is not the norm, but this is our first boat
        and
        > we are excited. But, we do not want to make any mistakes that can
        be
        > avoided.
        >
        > Thank you all,
        > Kevin in Augusta, GA

      • augusta.kevin
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
          Hello Greg,

          Thanks for the replies everyone. My boat has the twelve windows and
          almost no interior.

          I have a copy of the original manual and pdfs of the fliers. Those
          are nice, but I kind of wanted to see how the area in the galley was
          set up and what exactly is in the double bunk area under the
          cockpit. Measurements of the entire interior would help a lot as I
          am starting from scratch.

          Thanks again,
          Kevin

          --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Stoll"
          <gregstoll80@...> wrote:

          > Hi Kevin,
          >
          > There were two different layouts offered on the 240. Does your
          boat
          > have the two rows of windows (12 total) or just the single row of
          > windows (4 total)?
          >
          > The layout listed in the brochure from the previous post is for
          the 4
          > window model.
          >
          > Greg
          >
          > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "augusta.kevin"
          > <augustakevin@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > We have just purchased a Buccaneer 240 and need to rebuild the
          cabin
          > > (it was gutted due to water damage/rot). I have searched in
          vain to
          > > find photos or a good layout of the cabin so that we can cut the
          > wood
          > > and such. If any 240 owners can send photos of their cabin
          > (multiple
          > > shots showing the galley, dinette area, and the space below the
          > cockpit
          > > (we do not have an inboard)) it would help a lot. Also, if some
          one
          > > could provide a rough sketch of the cabin with dimensions that
          would
          > be
          > > awesome.
          > > Sorry if this request is not the norm, but this is our first
          boat
          > and
          > > we are excited. But, we do not want to make any mistakes that
          can
          > be
          > > avoided.
          > >
          > > Thank you all,
          > > Kevin in Augusta, GA

        • Phil Collins
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
            Look in the Files section > Brochures.

            Also see the Links section for links to other places that may have
            helpful files.

            Your chainplate bulkheads have to go where they have to go, so
            everything else works from those. Measurements not really needed,
            set it up the way YOU'd like it. You don't have to follow one of
            the factory floorplans if you don't want to.
            (For example I moved every single piece of "furniture" in my 220,
            partly because not one piece of it was level and plumb from the
            factory, but mostly to make the vee berth longer and to get the
            chainplate bulkheads under the chainplates where they belong instead
            of having those stupid thick spacer blocks.)

            <augustakevin@...> wrote:
            Also, if some one
            > could provide a rough sketch of the cabin with dimensions that
            would be
            > awesome.
            > Sorry if this request is not the norm, but this is our first boat
            and
            > we are excited. But, we do not want to make any mistakes that can
            be
            > avoided.
            >
            > Thank you all,
            > Kevin in Augusta, GA

          • Phil Collins
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
              personally, THIS is the interior I would go for!

              http://www.rareyachts.com/userfiles/luxury_yacht_03.jpg
            • jeri0790
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4 8:31 AM
                do you still need help on size and meas.? i have a 24. tom