Re: So, has anybody done something different with the interior hull

  • Raymond
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2010
      There's a 24' Buc at my marina that the carpet was pulled off then the raw fiberglass was painted. It looks like s@@t.
      I would like to get rid of my carpet but after seeing what it looks like under it, well, I'm open for suggestions, too.

      Sent from my iPhone
    • gregstoll80
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
        I stripped mine a couple years ago, the hull sides (vertical portions) I recovered with army-surplus 1/2" foam-rubber camping pads with carpet over that. I painted the overhead exposed fiberglass with four coats (two coats Kilz primer and two coats exterior latex) and it seems to look ok. I recovered the horizontal surfaces with indoor/outdoor carpet too.

        Greg

        --- In , Raymond <.> wrote:

        > There's a 24' Buc at my marina that the carpet was pulled off then the raw fiberglass was painted. It looks like s@@t.
        > I would like to get rid of my carpet but after seeing what it looks like under it, well, I'm open for suggestions, too.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • ericreams65
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
          I had one person suggest thin strips of wood (teak, oak, etc.)
          which I'm sure would look awesome, but that seems like it
          would be very expensive by the time I'm done. What happened
          to the thin, almost like whiteboard, panels that they used
          to sell at Lowe's? I thought about those with teak trim
          where they joined. I know that would be low maintenance, but
          again, may be costly, I'm not sure.