Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Re: need trailer for 240

  • STEVEN BORGLUND
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2010
      Thank you for the response I couldn't find the pictures, I may be a better sailor than a computer operator. cowboy sent me some with good angles giving me a good look at the support, I did notice it had rollers however and I think I would like to bed it with long rails as I have read that small supports tend to make dents at the support points?  Thanks again Steve
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2010
        Thank you!  I am in California in the Sacramento delta area.  I understand that the keel needs full support and the boat rests on it with side supports on the hull.  I don't know what the dimension is from the bow to the flat of the keel and the length of the keel.  I also don't know the approximate height of the hull above keel at the support points or the width from the keel to the hull supports.  I realize the supports will need to be adjusted to the hull once I have it out of the water.  I do have the inboard diesel if you have any experience with it.  I know this is a lot to ask, I am not in a hurry, this is going to be my summer project but anything you could help with is greatly appreciated. Steve

        Message 3 of 21 , May 6, 2010
          At the Group website, look over on the left, click Photos.
          Scroll down the photo folders and find Illusion.
          Click it.
          Browse the photos till you see the one you're looking for.

          Or, here's a link to the Illusion folder...

          --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, STEVEN BORGLUND <sborglund@...> wrote:

          > Thank you for the response I couldn't find the pictures, I may be a better sailor than a computer operator.
        • mtboat1
          Message 4 of 21 , May 7, 2010
            I just uploaded two new photos that have a pretty good look at the trailer. As it sits on the keel, four upright screws that are welded onto the frame, have a paddle of wood on a spinning plate, that is adjustable for height, by turning. Take a look at photos 102 and 104. My cam is down, so I can't get any new pics right now.

            --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "PhilC" <PandD_Collins@...> wrote:

            > At the Group website, look over on the left, click Photos.
            > Scroll down the photo folders and find Illusion.
            > Click it.
            > Browse the photos till you see the one you're looking for.
            >
            > Or, here's a link to the Illusion folder...
            >
            > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, STEVEN BORGLUND <sborglund@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thank you for the response I couldn't find the pictures, I may be a better sailor than a computer operator.

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 21 , May 7, 2010
              Can't help but see the Motorhome parked beside the boat seems funny that allot of us boaters have Motorhomes as well. I guess if we can't be sailing we still want to get out in the fresh air. We have a 22 foot Corsair and of course the SEAHAVEN(305) so good sailing and good driving.
              Mike

              Message 6 of 21 , May 9, 2010
                I've also noticed over the years how many sailors are pilots as well. Same sort of attraction I suppose.

                --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikedixon1@...> wrote:

                > Can't help but see the Motorhome parked beside the boat seems funny that allot of us boaters have Motorhomes as well. I guess if we can't be sailing we still want to get out in the fresh air. We have a 22 foot Corsair and of course the SEAHAVEN(305) so good sailing and good driving.
                > Mike

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 21 , May 9, 2010
                  This is true I have been amazed as to how many pilots I get when teaching the boating course. I don't which to brag but I have just received my Life Membership with CPS because I have completed 20 years of service (teaching plus). For those who do not know what it is the Canadian Power and sail Squadron which was derived from the United States Power and sail Squadron and still today is affiliated with them. Our mandate with both Squadrons is Boating Education.

                  Mike

                  --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "PhilC" <PandD_Collins@...> wrote:

                  > I've also noticed over the years how many sailors are pilots as well. Same sort of attraction I suppose.
                  >
                  > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikedixon1@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Can't help but see the Motorhome parked beside the boat seems funny that allot of us boaters have Motorhomes as well. I guess if we can't be sailing we still want to get out in the fresh air. We have a 22 foot Corsair and of course the SEAHAVEN(305) so good sailing and good driving.
                  > > Mike

                • Vernon Adams
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 9, 2010