Re: Buccaneer 305 forward hatch replacement

  • WaltL
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
      Eric

      That starboard quarter birth leak is the same as mine. I literally duck-taped the complete aft starboard side from the cabin top, down and over the rail. I did this in stages hoping I would find the hole. But nope it still leaked. Yes the boat did look pretty bad for several months. I have given up now for a while and fashioned a cup that I hang from that little lip/joint to catch the water. If you find the source let me know.

      My old Volvo MD11 was hard to start. Rather that sit there and crank for two to three minutes I started to squirt starter fluid into the intake. This is not a good idea but the engine did start right up in a couple of turns. But after a couple of years I did bend a valve. Which is what they said would happen if I used that starter fluid. So I disabled that cylinder and I ran it on one cylinder for another year and a half before I got a new Yanmar 3YM20. A very good engine.

      Good sailing,
      Walt