Re: Just got "new" 27' Buc have some questions

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2010
      Steve

      Photos would help because the pump that says "do not pump" may be for the porta-potty clean out.

      Mike

      --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "steve" <steviejrose@...> wrote:

      > Just got my "new" 27' Buccaneer today and I have a few questions and would appreciate any guidance. I bought it at my marina where it's been sitting in a slip for many years unattended but it seems to have help up pretty well just the same. It has a galley and head sink, shower and toilet but for the life of me, I can't find the fresh water tank. There is a small, plastic fitting just next to the galley sink marked "water". Is this the fill point? The toilet is like a porta-potty but there seems to be a drin line attached that runs underneath the sink, where there is a pump handle (on which the prior owner has a sign that says "do not pump") not sure what that is about. Anyway, can't find any waste water tank either and there are no thru-hull fittings other than lots of bilge drains. I would appreciate any help.
      > Thanks again
      > Steve
      > Grapevine TX

    • John Obratil
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2010
        The fresh water tank on my 27 is located under the seat on the port side. You should see the deck fitting near the window right above it. Mine is out of the water so I can send pictures of  fittings and thru hulls below the waterline. I do not have a waste water tank, but there is a vallve again on the port side in the v-berth that drains the shower and sink outside.Hope this helps.
        Jack

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2010
          I have a 27 and I have two factory water tanks one under the seat at the table and the other under the v berth midship with a top plug for filling through the hatch.  My black water tank is also under the v berthport side aft and has a drain cap on the main deck near the forestay anchor.  My water system has 2 switches in the head below the sink, one for water pressure and one for the shower drain which does not have a holding tank. I have a total of 39 gallons freshwater and 15 gallons, black water, and 15 gallons diesel fuel.Steve B. Stockton Ca