Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Re: Greetings!

  • John Obratil
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2010
      When you trailer a sailboat the keel rests on the support and the stancions support the hull. A good trailer will be balanced with 8-10% of the weight forward. You also want to think about brakes. I prefer electric and on a boat like yours you might want tandem axles with brakes all around. A tongue extension would be nice. and depending on conditions at the ramp (salt or fresh water) consider painted steel, galvanized, or aluminum. I favor pads over bunks, since it's easier to work on the bottom.