Not for sale

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2010
      Well its been a hard year end but we could not do it SEAHAVEN is now not for sale. We just could not do it so that means I will still be with the group for some time yet. We will be out this summer and looking for all those Buccaneers on the water. Good sailing in 2010 to everyone,

      Mike Dixon
    • WaltL
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
        This is good news. I am glad you are able to keep her. When I lost my job I had to consider letting Interlude go. I definitely could not afford the moorage at $280 per months. Other than that she did not have much costs so I found a place to anchor out. There is a lot of risk with this. Three others in our harbor are on the bottom with two masts sticking out. It is like parking your car on the end of a logging road. You do not know what you will find when you check. But I still get to keep Interlude.

        See you on the water,
        Walt

        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikedixon1@...> wrote:

        > Well its been a hard year end but we could not do it SEAHAVEN is now not for sale. We just could not do it so that means I will still be with the group for some time yet. We will be out this summer and looking for all those Buccaneers on the water. Good sailing in 2010 to everyone,
        >
        > Mike Dixon

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
          Thank you Walt

          Fortunately it was my health and that has inproved so we are able to keep her, she is at a dock in Secret Cove. I did note however that your cost was much higher than what we have to pay. The marina that we are at is opperated by very good people and try their best to keep the costs down. Our cost per month is $189 and that includes electricity as long as I do not put one of those 1500 watt
          heaters in her. We do have an elec. dry-z-ee air and battery chargers going all the time. It is also located up the coast but right in the location of all the best areas for heading out to the Gulf Islands or up to Desolation Sound. Hope that this finds both you, yours and Interlude all in good condition. Good sailing SEAHAVEN.

          Mike Dixon

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
            It sure is beautiful up there.
            This summer we did a mini-cruise of the San Juans and did the Cow Bay regatta. What an amazing playground!

            --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikedixon1@...> wrote:

            > Thank you Walt
            >
            > Fortunately it was my health and that has inproved so we are able to keep her, she is at a dock in Secret Cove. ... It is also located up the coast but right in the location of all the best areas for heading out to the Gulf Islands or up to Desolation Sound.
          • WaltL
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
              Beautiful it is, but some of the anchoring is challenging. Several times I dropped my anchor in 90 feet of water and stern tied forty feet from the rocks.

              The mooring was at Everett for a 32 foot slip. If I went out to more remote locations I could get it down to $100 / mo. But when you are unemployed that is still to much.

              Be will, do good work, and keep in touch
              Walt