240 main sheet

  • clawsoncampfire
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
      sorry if this has been discussed already, i searched but didn't find anything. i am wondering if anyone has been able to move the main sheet on the 240, perhaps to a traveler. simply, i would like to free up some space as the lines are a bit in the way. been sail'n her for 2 years now and loved every minute of it, but its now time to start making some of those changes i have been planning
    • bob.sparks@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2009
        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "clawsoncampfire" <clawsoncampfire@...> wrote:

        > sorry if this has been discussed already, i searched but didn't find anything. i am wondering if anyone has been able to move the main sheet on the 240, perhaps to a traveler. simply, i would like to free up some space as the lines are a bit in the way. been sail'n her for 2 years now and loved every minute of it, but its now time to start making some of those changes i have been planning

        There was quite a lot of discussion about the main sheet a few month back on the MSN group.

        One guy posted a picture of a traveler above the hatch just far enough forward to allow the sliding hatch to open all the way.

        I will do the same someday if I get the required bits at a good price.

        I already have the bail for a boom vang at the right spot.

        Bob
      • clawsoncampfire
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 2009
          thanks for getting back to me bob, i will see if i can track that down. that is where i had thought about putting it but was't sure how far forward i could go and still be able to fully control the boom

          chad