Re: Companionway leaks

  • Phil Collins
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
      The sliding hatch isn't coming aft far enough. It should overlap the drop board and the side boards that the drop boards slide into, not be (more or less) flush with it.
      Just put a spacer on the hasp, so that when you slide the hatch aft it overlaps.

      I stuck a pic in your folder - it shows a spacer on the hasp. (The hatch setup is different, it has a lexan slider, but it overlaps the hatch board by about 3/4". It's the only boat I have on hand with a hatch installed, the others are disassembled or don't have hatches.)

      --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bayliner.bill" <bayliner.bill@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Phil, Tug and Lisa. Thanks for your comments on my post. I took some pics today to illustrate the problem. They are in the PHOTOS Gallery under B240 Character. Any further comments would be much appreciated. Bill

    • Phil Collins
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
        I found an old pic from my derelict Bucc 220- the hasp isn't installed but you can see how the hatch overlaps the drop board - in fact it must be slightly lifted over the drop board as you slide it aft.
        Never had a hatch leak and this is how they're done.
        (pic in your folder)
      • bayliner.bill
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
          I see your point and will try to modify. I'll post the result. Thanks for all your help.