Trailer for Buc 285 FOR SALE

  • ray6993
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013

      A 8.5k lb. rated tandem trailer, currently configured and loaded with a sailboat, a 285 center cockpit sloop, electric brakes, like new rubber on the tires. Trailer is priced at $2000.00 and the sailboat is included for free. Delivery is negotiable.

    • ray6993
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013

        Trailer has only 3k miles on the tires, and a never used spare tire.  Wheels have bearing buddy wheel bearings and have never been submerged in water.

        ---In baylinerbuccaneergroup@yahoogroups.com, <ray6993@...> wrote:

        A 8.5k lb. rated tandem trailer, currently configured and loaded with a sailboat, a 285 center cockpit sloop, electric brakes, like new rubber on the tires. Trailer is priced at $2000.00 and the sailboat is included for free. Delivery is negotiable.

      • Carl

              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 6, 2014

                Hi,

                  Just wondering if the trailer and the boat are still for sale? Thanks!

              • ray6993
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 6, 2014

                  Hi,

                  yes, they are both for sale, I have just returned from a couple of months outside the USA but am back for about a month.  both the boat and trailer have clean titles here in Oregon.  price is a firm $2000 for both.

                  regards,

                  Ray

                • m37boy.excite
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 6, 2014
                    Sorry Ray,
                    I see the pics are posted on the group site, Thanks!

                    Chad

                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 18, 2014
                      A 8.5k lb. rated tandem trailer, currently configured and loaded with a sailboat, a 285 center cockpit sloop, electric brakes, like new rubber on the tires. Trailer is priced at $1750.00 and the sailboat is included for free. Located in Eugene, Oregon. Delivery is negotiable.
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 6, 2014
                        Dear Group,

                        Is anyone looking for a Buccaneer 240 ?

                        I am a senior citizen and serious health issues  may cause me to sell this bost which has been a project od restoration over the last year.

                        It is more than 90% finished on a Trail Rite trailer and located about 70 Miles East of Tucson, AZ

                        Many new items and options added not standard to Buccaneers.  Overkill for a boat this size which is why I bought it.

                        IF there is any interest I will post an appraisal of present condition, work undertaken and completed, the optional add on items and perks and so on,.

                        The following pics are when I brought it home

                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 7, 2014
                            Well Hell, Andres.....whats up? Must be damn serious for you to be giving up your little Bucco... I hope your OK!!!

                            Hope its a passing thing and that you can hold onto her. Lots of sailing to be done!

                            Phil, Andres....whose next?

                            Jack

                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 7, 2014
                              Many of us who like Buccaneers are older and like slower and more robust boats.  As a former sharpie and dory owner I see a lot of cape dory lines in a Bucc 240. Well its lines come from a Columbia after all.

                              I have developed chronic colitis and diverticulitis and my eyesite has degenerated to no longer pass DMV so I sont drive bur stuikk see well on an average.. tho cannot easily read street signs.   I lost my home and now have little income from odd jobs.

                              The big issue is that I live over 1000 miles from the Gulf and over 800 miles from the Pacific (wrong ocean)  I cannot haul it myself as I am no longer driving and a senior citizen approaching 63 years old.  I want to get sailing before I am too old or in too bad health.

                              I have more in this boat than it is worth and the haulers i contacted want about $2 per mile or more.  I would have to be prepared to pay over $2000 to get to the ocean.  It would be different if I could still haul it myself.

                              Originally I had someone who wanted the trailer and would haul me in exchange but they have different plans now and dont need a trailer.  There are many boats along the southern coast and I have seen another Buccaneer 240 on ebay

                              All new tires, new batteries, solar, new instruments and VHF and an Edson wheel helm & binnical compass (Ritchie) make this a good buy and I bought it because it had a motor well instead of tacking an OB on the stern.  Main and 3 headsails show little use and have always been stored in bags indoors.  I bought a sopare main that will need different slugs as it came with slides for track.  Mast rewired and nav lights changed to LED and stays have been repaired adequately.until time top replace the lot.

                              DON'T WORRY  I have no plans to desert the group, tho eventually I may migrate everything to a new Buccaneer group because I do not have owner privileges in this one and there are some things I cannot do.  IF I do that everyone will get notices from this group as well as a new one during a long transition and none of the resources in here will be lost.

                              I Will answer any questions about this boat or trailer and would still consider trading the trailer for a haul to the TX coast,.

                              Andrew

                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 9, 2014
                                I bought a lot of gear and supplies to finish this boat and of course everything installed is part of the boat now.

                                I have over $6000 invested in this including original purchase of boat and trailer so I  need to get $4000 out if t with all the added parts, gear and so on and the cabin is mostly reconstructed except for laminate on the galley counter and setting stove and sink in place.  3 Thru hull below waterline should be replaced.. 2 on head are Mercon (plastic) and one is corroded bronxe..  This is nt hard a screw in as hole is already there when you remove the old.

                                I have to move the boat this month and I will negotiate...  there are some things like 2 solar kits not installed that I invested about $600 in

                                If I can find a home for this project I will move to the TX coast and look for a boat close to the water,.

                                I want to sell  everything with this project, parts, supplies, tools and all. except for my paper charts and what I can carry on a bus or train.

                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 10, 2014
                                  I have to move this Buccaneer by the end of the month and am flat broke.  Medical expenses since January have cleaned me out and now I cannot drive.  I have no where to move the boat

                                  If I fail to move it the boat will be seized for back storage lot rent and scrapped.. it could end a total loss.

                                  Is there no one interested in a mostly finished Buccaneer 240 project boat?

                                  There is a lot of gear and add on stuff and I will dicker to let it go for any reasonable amount.  Just want to get something for the things I installed new. has paperwork all the way back to the 3nd maybe 1st owner.. currently licensed by me in Colorado a non title state. Boat is here in AZ

                                  Please respond somebody

                                  Thanks,

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Apr 10, 2014
                                    CORRECTION
                                    2nd or 1st owner paperwork.. originated California

                                    Andrew

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Apr 10, 2014
                                      I feel for you my friend, but, being up here in Vancouver, BC isn't goig to help you any...

                                      Jason Wong

                                      Sent from a device with a undersized keyboard and autocorrect, please excuse any typos!

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Apr 10, 2014
                                        Andrew, what do you owe for lot fees/ how much would it cost to keep it there for a month?

                                        I know someone who may be interested but can't get there by the end of the month.

                                        Morgan Reed
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Apr 10, 2014
                                          Thanks for the kind thoughts.

                                          I would try to keep the bot of I can find someone else to haul it to the sea for me in exchange for the trailer which I dont need after launching.

                                          Andrew

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Apr 10, 2014
                                            It is actually in back of someones house and they are upset I have been here way over long and just ordered me off.

                                            I had someone who was hoing to haul me to Texas and launch it in exchange for the trailer which i willnot need as I am planning to be gone for some time.

                                            I am a volunteer health worker planning to go back to Haiti and live aboard there on the southern coast.  Ut would sure beat a tent on land.  LOL

                                            Failing that I must sell and try to get something else on the coast

                                            I will ask these people.  Right now they are more interested in having me gone than having my boat.  They would have the county haul it off ang junk it I think.

                                            I will inquire and post.

                                            I can post an itemized list of stuff and some more pics if they want.

                                            Andrew