Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Volvo Penta MB2/50S

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2013
      I got the same motor in my 255.  I just went thru it.  I had to make a few parts.  I also matched up bearings and seals to generic ones.  You can still get water pump impellers from Europe! I bought two off of ebay.

      I also added a starter/generator to it!

      It is a very quiet and smooth motor.  I like it

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 16, 2013, at 3:42 PM, "keith.vonderhulls" <keith.vonderhulls@...> wrote:

      So I've determined that the inboard in my 255 is a Volvo Penta 50S, which uses gas, not diesel, as I had originally thought.

      I posted a pic of the motor. It looks practically mint. The water pump must have gone out on it very early on in its life.

      Anyhow...I found the workshop manual. I posted it in the Files section. The drive shaft/water pump looks like it will be pretty easy to rebuild. Looks like the problem will be finding parts.

    • ranger50
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2014
        Keith,
        Did you sell your sailboat?  I am curious.  Think I found you original owner!
        Chris
        budvar@...