Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Re: Companionway leaks

  • Lisa Lindell
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2009
      Bill, from the pix you have on the site it looks like a piece on the bottom of the hatch is missing but that could just be because it doesn't fit tight.    Like I said in the previous post, we cover ours.   I had a piece of white canvas that had a window in it lying around the garage; it had gromets in it so it was an ideal "fix" for the leak problem.

      I'll see if my wife will take pix & we'll post them.

      Steve Lindell

      Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.  So throw off the bowlines; sail away from the safe harbor; catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover.  - Mark Twain
      Lisa Lindell
      www.myspace.com/stevelindellband

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
        The sliding hatch isn't coming aft far enough. It should overlap the drop board and the side boards that the drop boards slide into, not be (more or less) flush with it.
        Just put a spacer on the hasp, so that when you slide the hatch aft it overlaps.

        I stuck a pic in your folder - it shows a spacer on the hasp. (The hatch setup is different, it has a lexan slider, but it overlaps the hatch board by about 3/4". It's the only boat I have on hand with a hatch installed, the others are disassembled or don't have hatches.)

        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bayliner.bill" <bayliner.bill@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Phil, Tug and Lisa. Thanks for your comments on my post. I took some pics today to illustrate the problem. They are in the PHOTOS Gallery under B240 Character. Any further comments would be much appreciated. Bill

      • Phil Collins
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
          I found an old pic from my derelict Bucc 220- the hasp isn't installed but you can see how the hatch overlaps the drop board - in fact it must be slightly lifted over the drop board as you slide it aft.
          Never had a hatch leak and this is how they're done.
          (pic in your folder)
        • bayliner.bill
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
            I see your point and will try to modify. I'll post the result. Thanks for all your help.