Re: Shakedown

  • Bob Ingman
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 20, 2013
       Looks very very nice to my eye. Enjoy! Bob

      For a view of Southeast Alaska visit my gallery at
      http://northland.smugmug.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 21, 2013
        Nice pic.. that looks like a 240?  I notice there is a riser block under the mast step on the deck.. my boat came to me with that and I was blaming a previous owner for adding it!  Are the red and yellow lines main and jib halyards run to the cockpit?

        Andrew

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 21, 2013
          the afterwards pic showing the side does not look like my 240... is it a US Yachts 24?

          Andrew

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 24, 2013
            No such thing, there were never any US Yachts models that matched the high freeboard shallow keel "bathtub buccs" (200, 210, 240 etc).

            That's a US Yachts 25 which is identical to the Buccaneer 250. Based on a Gary Mull design and is a proper sailboat. ;-)

            > the afterwards pic showing the side does not look like my 240... is it a US Yachts 24?
            >

            > Andrew

          • charles
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 25, 2013
              Thanks for the updat Chris. Really glad you got her put back together and had a shakedown cruise.
              Charlie

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 25, 2013
                thanks for the clarification.  I only noticed the side did not look like my 250

                Andrew

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 25, 2013
                  Don't you have a 240?

                  > thanks for the clarification.  I only noticed the side did not look like my 250
                  >
                  > Andrew
                  > ________________________________

                • Carl
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 25, 2013
                    Lol.  Proper sailboat indeed.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Aug 24, 2013, at 12:23 PM, "PhilC" <PandD_Collins@...> wrote:

                    No such thing, there were never any US Yachts models that matched the high freeboard shallow keel "bathtub buccs" (200, 210, 240 etc).

                    That's a US Yachts 25 which is identical to the Buccaneer 250. Based on a Gary Mull design and is a proper sailboat. ;-)

                    > the afterwards pic showing the side does not look like my 240... is it a US Yachts 24?
                    >

                    > Andrew

                  • Carl
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 25, 2013
                      Nice lookin boat!

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 25, 2013
                        Yes I have the 240 and saw similarities in the first deck pic like the block under the mast step.. but then I saw from the side it wasnot a 240 and was asking if it was a US Yacht.

                        Thanks for clearing it up

                        Andrew

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 28, 2013
                          i meant to type 240  sorry