Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Re: Kickers

  • Bob Ingman
    Message 1 of 53 , Aug 17, 2013
       Thanks Carl!

      For a view of Southeast Alaska visit my gallery at
      http://northland.smugmug.com
    • Carl
      Message 53 of 53 , Aug 20, 2013
        ...and, people will think you are redneck affiliated.  So, theres that.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Aug 20, 2013, at 11:41 AM, Andres Espino <ima_very_cool_cowboy@...> wrote:

        I used to love my old Johnson 5hp 2 stroke outboard.  However in the last few years the Ethenol and other addatives to the gasoline rots out the carburator in my gas weed eaters, chainsaw and 2 cycle golf cart.  I always had to tinker to keep my OB running but now I am really concerned about repeating failures.  This Evinrude 15 is too large for the 240 load and power specs plate so i am considering the conversion since so many others seem to like it.  I cant really afford to put a couple hundred dollars or more into rebuilding this old OB abnd i cant affort to buy a new one either.

        As far as fuel consumption I have found 2 cycle engines to not be all that economical compared to 4 strokes.

        I havent done the conversion yet but I have been strongly thinking about it.. BUT  I agree that this is not something for everyone and is not that good for motors which will be exposed to the sea and elements as they are not that protected withut a motor cover.

        Andrew