Anchor Rode in salt water

  • wleberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12 9:04 AM
      I have my boat anchored out. I have 80 feet of chain and 40 feet of 5/8 three strand nylon (I think nylon). About every week I pull the rode, drop the chain on a float and go sailing.

      I am getting a lot of slim on the rode and it looks like it is beginning to look frayed. Hmm...

      Does anyone have any experience with the strength of rode standing in salt water? There is quite a bit of information on chain. I am thinking I may have to get more chain.

      Walt
    • wleberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27 2:46 PM
        I have put a couple of pictures of the rode in the Photos file under Walt's 305 Interlude. I have to change out that rode with chain.

        Walt