  • mtbn_97004
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2009
      Hello All,
      I'm a newbie both to the forum and as a Buccaneer owner.
      I recently bought a 1974 24 footer. I got the boat and a home built trailer for really cheap so I expected it to be a project, as it turns out it's going to be a bit more of a project than anticipated.
      It seems that the core on the cabin floor is completely rotted. I have removed the foward bulkheads and all of the plumbing for the marine head and holding tank. There were no cabinets or upholstery when I got her.
      I was wondering what would be the best way to go about removing all the ply wood components that make up the framing for the base of the cabinets, dinette, V berth,etc. so I can get at the core material that is under them. All of that wood seems to be solid and I would like to not have to replace it if at all possible.
      Please, any info would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Mark
    • Phil Collins
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2009
        Judicious use of a sawzall, rotozip, or die grinder will do the job.