Re: spreader issues

  • ranger50
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10, 2013
      Thanks for the tips! As for the furler, did download the installation manual....you're right, looks like fun.

      Chris

      --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "PhilC" <PandD_Collins@...> wrote:

      > For the spreader parts, try rigrite.com and dwyermast.com
      > They have most common spreaders and parts.
      >
      > For dissassembling the furler, do some googling first, there's usually a trick to them which on the one hand makes it easier, and on the other, doing it wrong can often do harm.
      >
      > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "ranger50" <budvar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > Mast still down. I found a rigger in Portland. He sounded quite
      > > knowledgeable and reasonable. So derigged the mast today.
      > >
      > > Upon removing the upper shrouds, had difficulty removing the line from
      > > one of the spreaders. Basically, the plastic end piece on the spreader
      > > (part that holds the wire) was brittle and partially broke off. It
      > > still holds the wire (although didn't completely destroy the spreader
      > > endpiece trying to get it out).
      > >
      > > Is it possible to get a replacement endpiece, or should I replace the
      > > spreader?
      > >
      > > pictures: spreader
      > > <http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/23878320/sn/1160563624/name/spreader1.jpg>
      > > spreader2
      > > <http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/23878320/sn/1475115183/name/spreader2.jpg>
      > >
      > > On a side note, next will remove the furler from the forestay so can
      > > take the forestay to the rigger. looks like fun.
      > >
      > > Thanks all!
      > >
      > > Chris

    • ranger50
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 14, 2013
        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "PhilC" <PandD_Collins@...> wrote:

        > For the spreader parts, try rigrite.com and dwyermast.com
        > They have most common spreaders and parts.

        Looks like rigrite.com has the spreader. I'll call them tomorrow. The spreader tip is a Kenyon brand. sp 2.2 nylon spreadtip k-10777p which replaces the urethane tip which is no longer made.

        Thanks!