Re: Liveaboard

  • bucclivaboard
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2009
      if you need a motor if it has a outboard and get elctric start it
      will slowly charge your batts
      > I am planning the same move myself soon and I am planning on
      putting my solar panel right on top of the hatch cover. I have a B-
      270 no engine, and I will be installing a shore power connector and
      battery charger as well. Does anyone know if I will have to also get
      a power inverter as well to use my electrics when away from the dock?
      will there be any wiring headaches I should be aware of before I
      begin this project?

      > Thanks for making the move Phil, I happen to like the yahoo groups
      format I hope you can save the archived data

      > Tug
      > S/V Pirate's Dream
      >
      > SO WE WRAPPED 'E UP IN A MAINSAIL TIGHT
      >
      > WITH TWICE TEN TURNS OF THE HAWSER'S BIGHT
      >
      > HEAVED THEM OVER AND OUT OF SIGHT
      >
      > WITH A YO HO HO AND A FARE-THEE-WELL
      >
      > A SULLEN PLUNGE IN A SULLEN SWELL
      >
      > TEN FATHOMS DEEP ON THE ROAD TO HELL
      >
      > BOTTLE OF RUM!

    • bucclivaboard
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2009
        you may want to get a small gas generator that you can top off your
        batts with and run a heater, or other 120volt things .
      • Greg Stoll
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2009
          I was thinking about that. There was an article about that in Good
          Old Boat within the last year, I'll have to find it. I was thinking
          about a Honda EU1000 (a 900 watt Inverter-Generator) with an 8 amp
          12VDC output. Do you think that's the right size?

          I plan on covering electricity tomorrow.

          Greg

          --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bucclivaboard"

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 7, 2009
            greg for showering you could do what i did in africa, nepal, india, all
            the 3erdworld places is take a five gal bucket, will some what with
            water about 3/4 full, then make a pot of hot water and mix in with the
            cold water. then take a big cup and dump (in small amounts) water over
            your head... or you can drill holes in the bottom of a bucket and hang
            it up and let gravity do the rest. or you can get a sun shower. thats
            cool that you are living with so little! do you have any cabin photos?
          • Phil Collins
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 7, 2009
              Go buy a 2 gallon pump-up sprayer at Home Depot.
              Change the nozzle.

              Pour in your hot water, shower away!
              Works like a charm!

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 8, 2009
                Hi Phil,

                That's a good idea! You just reminded me that Duckworks has a sun-
                shower type of pumpup unit on their site:

                http://www.duckworksbbs.com/gear/shower/index.htm

                I might have to get one.

                Greg

                --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Collins"