Re: Question about a 295's

  • Stephen Ronning
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 24, 2013
      get ahold of MEPAULG at msn.
      he's an old school owner of the buccaneer 295...phil c know's him...or at least know's of him....his boat's name is  RUSH he moores in Everett. 295 fastest 30' footer ever made if you can trim a sail. won the frisco to hawaii race the first year it was made i believe. take care
    • brock.hecla
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 26, 2013
        Do you have any idea what the prop specifications are from the factory on the 295? I am converting to electric drive with a genset and I need to determine the proper gear reduction from the electric motor to get the best RPM for full hull speed. I really don;t feel like throwing this MD7A back in the boat now that its out. ;)

        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "martin29549" <martin.wedepohl@...> wrote:

        > I have a 1977 Buc 295 that I actively sail and race just of the coast of Vancouver, BC. It is in fairly good shape and I have learned a lot just by performing all the maintenance and upkeep on the boat myself. It's rigged with a furling jib and an asymmetric spinnaker in a sock (I sail and race solo most of the time).
        >
        > I am about to do my yearly engine maintenance on it before the racing season starts the beginning of March.
        >
        > Glad to find someone else with a 295 on the forum.
        >
        > Martin
        >

        > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "brock.hecla" wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Everyone,
        > > I am curious if anyone else has currently ,or in the past owned a buc 295? I picked it up late last year in the san juan islands and it is currently about a half mile from its birth factory in Arlington, WA being rebuilt by me. I am always looking for good information and anything helps ... pdf manuals & documentation, general advice, trouble spots, etc ... I am in the middle of a complete rebuild right now and any little bit helps. This is my first time posting here but it looks like there are a lot of people that love their buccaneers :) I am glad to be part of the group! Have a great day :)

      • martin29549
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
          Brock,

          Not sure if mine is actually factory standard, but this is what I have on mine.

          2 Blade Folding Prop
          Left Hand
          14" Diameter
          12" Pitch
          3/4" Shaft

          Hope that helps

          Martin

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
            Close to what I have on my 240  I have 11 pitch on a 15hp OB in a motor well that tilts up.  i know 15 is a bit overpowered for my 240 (factory says 10) but it is what came with it.

            Andrew