Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Need a trailer for a 240

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2013
      If you cannot fiond it I can measure my 240 on the trailer and sketch dimensions.

      The 240 is a shoal draught boat and so the cradle is not tall and would be about 6 feet wide by 12 feet long.  There needs to be a U-Channel for the keel to slide into.  Cradles for a boat this size can be made of welded 2x2 inch square steel tubing.. here is a pics of typical cradle... Instead of flat plank the 240 should have a trough made of u-channel in the center

      Andrew

      From: younghiroprotagonist <younghiroprotagonist@...>
      To: BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 12:28 AM

      Hi folks.
      Just had a 240 come into my world. She's in a marina and needs to get out before the end of February. I'm hoping for any advice on trailers, cradles on dry or any other thoughts regarding getting this boat from the marina 100kms away to my house. What do you think about modifying a powerboat trailer? What about using a single axel macgregor 26' trailer.

      Thanks already for the amount of info on this group.
      Garfield
      Nanaimo, bc
      Canada

    • Paul Morf
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 25, 2013
        Hi Garfield, congratz on your 240. I suggest you check with EZ Loader dealers or any used trailer website. You'll need tandem axel EZ trailer for sure. My 270 came with a tnadem axel EZ Loader as standard equip. with the boat. With a good trailer it's an easy haul. My 270 runs around 6K lbs. and I pull it with a Town&Country about 30 miles to and from my winter storage site. Congratz again and I'm sure a good trailer will turn up with a little bit of looking.
        Paul....skipper of the buc 270 Fresh Gail out of Racine, WI.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 25, 2013
          I have the EZ loader with my Bucc 240.  I am planning to let my trailer go but cannot do so yet.  The EZ loader has an extendable tongue that lets you back the trailer far out on the ramp to float clear when loaded

          Andrew