Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Need a trailer for a 240

  • Robert Trevino
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2013
      There was a site on the internet that did have the dimensions and plans for making a cradle for the Buccaneer ,  you just need to search to find it , was made out of wood ,  and they used a dual axle car trailer for the cradle and boat to sit on , it worked well for them . this may help you,    Dr. Robert Trevino

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 24, 2013
        The 240 is what I have and it is a heavy boat with weighted keel.  It needs a double axel because it weighs about 4400 pounds.  Not ligyht like a centerboard boat.  You can build a cradle and a marina crane can lift it and a cradle onto any flat bed vehicle trailer  You should find a crane or heavy bucket loader (big one) that can lift it from straps so you can pull the trailer out from under it.  Dont plan to dry and drag the boat on and off a trailer while on a cradle.. you rick losing control and also damaging your keel which is a hollow fiberglasserdin shell containing ballast.

        Andrew

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 24, 2013
          If you cannot fiond it I can measure my 240 on the trailer and sketch dimensions.

          The 240 is a shoal draught boat and so the cradle is not tall and would be about 6 feet wide by 12 feet long.  There needs to be a U-Channel for the keel to slide into.  Cradles for a boat this size can be made of welded 2x2 inch square steel tubing.. here is a pics of typical cradle... Instead of flat plank the 240 should have a trough made of u-channel in the center

          Andrew

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 25, 2013
            Hi Garfield, congratz on your 240. I suggest you check with EZ Loader dealers or any used trailer website. You'll need tandem axel EZ trailer for sure. My 270 came with a tnadem axel EZ Loader as standard equip. with the boat. With a good trailer it's an easy haul. My 270 runs around 6K lbs. and I pull it with a Town&Country about 30 miles to and from my winter storage site. Congratz again and I'm sure a good trailer will turn up with a little bit of looking.
            Paul....skipper of the buc 270 Fresh Gail out of Racine, WI.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 25, 2013
              I have the EZ loader with my Bucc 240.  I am planning to let my trailer go but cannot do so yet.  The EZ loader has an extendable tongue that lets you back the trailer far out on the ramp to float clear when loaded

              Andrew