Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
      Great story Bob!  Thanks for sharing!

      I have the 240 and she is a tough little boat.  the brochure (I think it was where I saw it) sait the 240 has the space of a 26 in a 24 and i believe it. as mine is very roomy.  It is a keel boat and quite heavy but shoal draught.  It is a hollow glassed keel with weight in it and some ppl in here have reported some damage scraping bottom... I bought a depthfinder for mine.

      The specs at sailboat data say it draws 2.5 feet at the waterline.  I am a former sharpie and dory owner and I see a lot of the Cape Dory 25 lines on the bottom.  Bayliner supposedly copied it from the Columbia 23T  here is the Sailboat Data page for the 240 and 245
      http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=237

      In reading it sounds like the 240 and 270 are about the two most popular of the original Bayliner Buccaneers.. later they became US Yachts

      There is a member in here I think whop mentioned once using their 240 in the north Atlantic.. somewhere near New Hampshire or Maine I think it was and said it behaved really well.

      The 240 has high freeboard and is beamy so it is not a fast boat.  They were designed for a family cruiser and some nicknamed them the :Winnebago of The Water:  LOL

      Andrew

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 17, 2013
        No need to worry.

        These groups receive very little spam because of the sign up process, as Andre has mentioned. But once in a while some may come through.

        I always check the "member's" join date and message history first, and if it is a bogus account, I bounce them permanently and delete their spam posts.

        In this case, it is a member who has been active for 3 years and has joined discussions, so apparently his home email has been compromised. Andre has put him on moderation, and we also should send the member an email telling him he has a problem or he may never know.

        This type of email account hacking has been getting more common in the last year or so. (Some of my forums have recently received a number of emails from friends asking for money because they had some "trouble" on "vacation" or what-have-you. Popular scam lately.)
        Be sure you have good protection on your computer and keep it up to date.

        Phil
        OregonUSA