Re: Engine Question... Retro fitting

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 14, 2012
      Sorry, no idea.
      I *personally* would not consider an inboard on a small boat. Never paid much attention to inboard options. Others here are quite knowlegeable though.

      > The Buccaneer 240 also came with an optional inboard engine and dubbed the "245"
      >

      > Phil or  anyone .. Do you have any idea about what I would need to retrofit a small inboard to my 240?
      >
      > I need recommendations for prop shaft, stuffing box and maybe a trans because I have a decent 10hp Diesel engine.
      >
      > Andrew

    • Pb Pirate
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 14, 2012
      I installed a Yanmar 2GM20F into my 1977 B240-TM.
      It is coupled to a Yanmar Saildrive SD-20
      Outboards hung on the transom is a poor idea at best, It upsets the righting moment, Center of gravity and center of buoyancy.
      This cannot be designed for as not all outboards are created equally.
      By putting the weight as low as possible and inline with the keel you can add stability and eliminate the lever action on the transom.

      She is currently for sale if anyone is interested, Located in northeast Ohio 44004.

      Captain Ryan