Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Re: sailtrack size on buck 24?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2012
      Model is the key here.. they are not all the same.  the earlier Buccaneer 240 (24) had the sail track integral in the mast.  It accepts standard sail slugs (slides for a main like these.

      Most tracks take a standard size. If you have a sail with slugs for a larger track they may hang up in your tighter track.

      You dont dump the main in an emergency you release the sheet and the boom will turn  and the sail will luff.  Normally one raises the sail while facing into the wind and than turns toward their heading.  I have no problem with the sail tracking on my 1974 Buccaneer 240 (24) and I can raise and lower the sail alone no problem.

      Andrew

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2012
        When i got my Bucc 240 someone had put nylon plastic cleats and I am replacing them with cast aluminum ones.  they also bent and the ears broke off on more than one plastic cleat.

        Andrew