how to videos

  • reysm41
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 2, 2012
      I like the how to videos Andrew has posted. On a seperate subject,
      Does anyone know if the forward hatch on the 220 came with a weather seal?
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 2, 2012
        Not that I've seen. Mine didn't, and the headliner material on the inside of the hatch doesn't seal to the fiberglass opening either. But it has a quite large overlap with a small gap - it's more weatherproof than the companionway hatch by a longshot.

        Would be easy to add a thin foam weatherstrip to it. Put it on the underside of the hatch so it doesn't get damaged from stuff coming in and out of the hatch when open.

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 2, 2012
          I think my hatch may be the same one on my 240, and I think so, because 1 side of mine has it and on  the other three they are missing.

          Andrew

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 2, 2012
            maybe mine was owner added or the 240 came with one ???

            Andrew

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 2, 2012
              Nope.
              Not even remotely similar.
              The 240 has a regular square hatch, like you could get from Lewmar etc.
              The 220 has a molded fiberglass hatch that matches the shape of the cabintop.

              --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, Andres Espino

              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 2, 2012
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 3, 2012
                  Cool I never saw a 180 hatch.. yes I have the square one with sun tinting.

                  Andrew

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 3, 2012
                    That is the one I have tinted and all.. and I do also need weather seal for it as 3 sides of the seal are gone.  Any ideas?  Or should I just make up something from ACE?

                    Andrew

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
                      Weather seals are available in many profiles. The most ready source is probably a local auto body supply. Manufacturer catalogs should be readily available there.

                      Val Bisagni
                      Long Island Siding Systems
                      www.MuchBetterSiding.com
                      631-278-7648

                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
                        I have an after market added pedestal helm on my 240 and the cables are routed through a bulkhead and then the transom for the rudder cables.

                        I have searched for bulkhead block, flush block and sheaves and I cant find the name or where to get these.. can someone identify the proper name and suggest a supplier?  Probably having the correct name will solve the problem.

                        Thanks,

                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
                          Maybe it is like the rubber that fastens around a car door... I will ask in AutoZone here

                          Thanks

                          Andrew

                          That is the one I have tinted and all.. and I do also need weather seal for it as 3 sides of the seal are gone.  Any ideas?  Or should I just make up something from ACE?

                          Andrew

                            I have the tinted glass hatch. Used some weather seal from lowes. Not perfect but close...
                            Sent from my iPad

                            =
                          • bob.sparks@rocketmail.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
                              Doesn't look like marine hardware, google "Sash Pulleys" from a window supplier just a thought...

                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 4, 2012
                                Try exit block and sheeve box. Harken mostly.

                                Doubt you can find one like that, shouldn't be hard to find something close in size.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 5, 2012
                                  For ideas, here are some lesser expensive alternatives, something might work-

                                  http://www.apsltd.com/c-1000-holt-allen-sheave-boxes.aspx

                                  http://www.apsltd.com/c-998-sheaveboxesandhalyardexitplates.aspx

                                  http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|118|103371|311514|311519&id=170393

                                  Look at the 1361 part - http://www.apsltd.com/c-474-lewmar-30mm-synchro-control-blocks.aspx

                                  These look a lot like your old one - http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|118|103371|311571|311608&id=129308

                                  http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|118|103371|311571|311608&id=129274
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 5, 2012
                                    Thanks Guys!

                                    Phil was right the correct thing I should have is an 'exit block'  I didn't remember the name of it.

                                    However Bob was absolutely 'right on' in my case that the previous owner used 'sash pulleys'  I found many on line.  These appear to be 75kg chrome plated.  I like how they function and look in my bulkheads and transom but they will not stand up in salt water.  I did find out I can get sash pulleys with curved sheaves and all in cast iron or in cast bronze.

                                    I discovered there is actually a marine approved sash pulley but they are expensive

                                    I would have never guessed sash pulleys without your help guys!

                                    Andrew

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 5, 2012
                                      The Defender ones are close like you said and i like them.

                                      because the hiles are already made in my bulkheads and transom and thru the motor well cavity to fit sash pulleys  i may have to continue with those, but if I do I will get some solid cast bronze ones.. I saw many of them used on eBay from old demolished houses.

                                      I sure like the look of those bullet blocka and that last exit block from defender.

                                      Andrew

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 5, 2012
                                        HOLES not hiles  LMAO  senior moment and bad typing.

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 21, 2012
                                          Hello Group,  Andrew Here,

                                          Some of you may not have seen this article so I am posting it.  This InReach device seems like the best affordable item since AIS for a small cruising boat.  Sat communication via text and for emergencies at open sea for under $250

                                          here is the article....

                                          DeLorme inReach™ Wins Prestigious Innovation Award for Electronics at Miami International Boat Show

                                          PRWebPRWeb – Tue, Feb 21, 2012

                                          Device is First-to-Market with Affordable Two-Way Global Satellite Messaging

                                          Yarmouth, ME (PRWEB) February 21, 2012

                                          DeLorme today announced that its inReach™ 2-Way Satellite Communicator has received a coveted National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) Innovation Award for Consumer Electronics. The award was presented at the 2012 Miami International Boat Show, America’s premier event of its kind.

                                          The Innovation Awards, organized by NMMA and judged by Boating Writers International (BWI), recognize products that best meet the following criteria: innovative distinction from other products currently being manufactured; benefit to the marine industry and/or consumer; practicality; and cost-effectiveness.

                                          For areas without cell phone service – which includes over 90 percent of the Earth’s surface – inReach is the first consumer-affordable satellite communicator to offer two-way SOS and personal text messaging, delivery confirmation, “follow me” remote GPS tracking, and worldwide coverage via the Iridium network.

                                          The two-way text messaging capability is especially crucial in SOS situations. Boaters or other in-distress users can describe their situation so that search-and-rescue authorities know what assets to deploy.

                                          They can also exchange updates with the response center, including sharing information on subsequent injuries or damage, changing weather conditions and revised responder ETAs.

                                          “inReach’s two-way communication can eliminate one of the most vexing issues search-and-rescue authorities face – false alarms,” said Patrick Shay, DeLorme Vice President and General Manager for Connected Solutions.

                                          For friends and family at home, the “follow me” remote tracking feature lets them see the user’s travel progress online, at programmable intervals. It also has the capability for family and friends to ping the remote device to determine locations on demand.

                                          For free-form two-way messaging, inReach can be paired with either an Android smartphone or a DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w handheld GPS receiver. It can also be used as a standalone device, allowing pre-programmed messages and SOS alerts to be sent via the device’s pushbutton interface, with confirmation of delivery. Remote tracking can also be activated.

                                          “inReach represents a game changer in the communications market and dramatically expands what’s possible for recreation and professional endeavors beyond cell phone coverage, especially in remote or high-risk environments,” said Jim Skillings, DeLorme Vice President for Commercial Products.

                                          Messages are relayed by inReach to and from Iridium satellites, which make up the world’s furthest reaching communications network. The DeLorme inReach is built around the Iridium 9602 short-burst data transceiver, enabling its global, two-way connectivity.

                                          Since this past fall, inReach has also received numerous other prestigious accolades including 2011 Popular Science Best of What’s New, 2011 Gear of the Year awards from both Men’s Journal and National Geographic Adventure, and 2012 CES Innovations honors.

                                          inReach is available at a suggested retail price of $249.95. For more information, or to find a retailer, go to http://www.delorme.com.

                                          About DeLorme:

                                          DeLorme is the longtime leader in innovative mapping and GPS solutions for commercial and government markets. Based in Yarmouth, ME, DeLorme offers a unique set of core competencies across the complex areas of map data creation and management, software development, and integration with GPS. The ability to develop all the critical components necessary to compete in the fast-changing navigation world provides a distinct competitive advantage. DeLorme is one of a handful of mapmakers that still own and produce their own map content, and the company has received several prestigious awards in recent times for its innovative GPS mapping solutions that integrate satellite communications, serving both commercial and government needs. To learn more, please visit http://www.delorme.com

                                          # # #

                                          Charlie Conley
                                          DeLorme
                                          (207) 846-7022