Buccaneer 270 Trailer info

  • justdavid961
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 22, 2012
      Does anyone know or able to find out the correct diminsions and wieght rateing for a trailer to fit the Buccaneer 270???
    • Paul Morf
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
        Hi justdavid961, this is Paul getting back to you. I use an EZ Loader trailer to haul my buc 270. So, check with an EZ Loader dealer and they'll be able to set you up. In my case the trailer VIN is TD96160
        The TD must mean tandem wheels, (2 axels), and you'll need that for sure since the boat weight c. 5,000 lbs. But, check with EZ Loader.
        EZ Loader is the trailer that comes "standard" with the 270. By the way, I sail out of Racine WI....you anywhere close to me?

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
          I also have the tandem EZ Load trailer for my 240 and love the extending tongue so i can go down a ramp easy.  Look for a used one on Craig's List!  I believe the same model EZ Load hauls up to 26ft which a 27 fits nicely on.  remember length is overall and they include the bow pulpit  My registration says gross weight of 6,000lbs.

          Andrew

          Hi justdavid961, this is Paul getting back to you. I use an EZ Loader trailer to haul my buc 270. So, check with an EZ Loader dealer and they'll be able to set you up. In my case the trailer VIN is TD96160
          The TD must mean tandem wheels, (2 axels), and you'll need that for sure since the boat weight c. 5,000 lbs. But, check with EZ Loader.
          EZ Loader is the trailer that comes "standard" with the 270. By the way, I sail out of Racine WI....you anywhere close to me?

          --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "justdavid961" <justdavid961@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know or able to find out the correct diminsions and wieght rateing for a trailer to fit the Buccaneer 270???

        • just david
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
            Thanks guys-useful info.
            I d hoped to find a used trailer and adapt it to the Bucc but,if they dont rape me,I d be willing to spring for a new (er) factory trailer.
            I m from Kemah Texas,near Galveston.

            ------------------------------

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
              Any trailer of sufficient length and GVW can be adapted to haul any boat. You just need a keel trough and side supports added and adjusted to fit the boat. (In NE Oregon I know where there's 3 of them that could be had for cheap, nice trailers but they currently have big junk powerboats on them...)

              You'll be shocked at the price of a New trailer...

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
                The local Trailer Dealer says 5-6k for a new one...can anyone say Sticker Shock!!!???? I m not the smartest rock in the Lake but,that just seems way overpriced for some tube steel a couple axle,some tires and u bolts.
                He has a few nice trailers that he can adapt for my purpose for 1500-2000k...still seems high but,thats more manageable.
                Why the heck are new trailers so dang expensive-anyone know???

                ------------------------------
                On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 1:42 PM CST PhilC wrote:

                >Any trailer of sufficient length and GVW can be adapted to haul any boat. You just need a keel trough and side supports added and adjusted to fit the boat. (In NE Oregon I know where there's 3 of them that could be had for cheap, nice trailers but they currently have big junk powerboats on them...)
                >
                >You'll be shocked at the price of a New trailer...
                >
                >--- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, just david <justdavid961@...> wrote:
                >>

                >> Thanks guys-useful info.
                >> I d hoped to find a used trailer and adapt it to the Bucc but,if they dont rape me,I d be willing to spring for a new (er) factory trailer.
                >> I m from Kemah Texas,near Galveston.
                >>

                >> ------------------------------
                >> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 11:37 AM CST Andres Espino wrote:
                >>
                >> >I also have the tandem EZ Load trailer for my 240 and love the extending tongue so i can go down a ramp easy.  Look for a used one on Craig's List!  I believe the same model EZ Load hauls up to 26ft which a 27 fits nicely on.  remember length is overall and they include the bow pulpit  My registration says gross weight of 6,000lbs.
                >> >
                >> >Andrew
                >> >

                >> >________________________________

              • stephen sack
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
                  That's cause all us Yachties are RICH! (heck, everyone knows THAT!)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
                    Lol-I have a Sailboat cause the wind is free.
                    I splashed my Nephews new boat today (bank repo we got it for 10k,nice 1985 Pearson 34) and had to have a new bellows put on the PSS Shaft seal-to the tune of 700.00 (parts,labor & shipping)-if youd had your windows open up on the Great Lakes youd surely heard me throwing a fit. Nephew cut them a check like it was nothing.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
                      Phil is right!  I feel like I bought a trailer and i got my Bucc 240 FREE because i bought the whole thing with outboard and all accessories and even a wheel helm added for $1,750

                      Ranchers around here like that nice how-to book from NORTHERN TOOL fopr building and modifying trailers of all kinds.  www.northerntool.com.. they also have boat trailer rollers and parts.

                      Andrew

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
                        Hi folks I am trying to build a gallery of my Bucc 240 project.  This is the BEFORE set.. mostly before...  Am taking more and adding more to the set this week.  Here is the link
                        http://flickr.com/gp/ima_sailor_too/x38FF2/