bimini top for 250

  • charles
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
      If anyone has a Bimini top on a 250 please post a photo. I have a 250 and I don't see how you could put one because of the mast boom and other rigging.Really need to do something because of the Florida Sun.
      Thanks,
      Charlie
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
        Just google photos of biminis and sift through the pics for ideas.
        Tons of different setups out there, but all boats have a mast, boom, and mainsheet to work around. The 250 with the traveler at the front of the cockpit makes it easier than many boats to put a bimini over the cockpit - it just goes aft of the mainsheet.
        -examples:
        http://www.carsct.com/pics/BCT80702.jpg
        http://www.yachtauthority.com/images/deals/www_yachtauthority_com_00188391_249.jpg

        If you wanted it to extend further forward you could move the mainsheet traveler to the cabintop, but then it would likely interfere with companionway access, and it increases the bending loads on the boom, and it is less convenient to operate cabintop mainsheet/travelers.

        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "charles" <adam56usa@...> wrote:

        > If anyone has a Bimini top on a 250 please post a photo. I have a 250 and I don't see how you could put one because of the mast boom and other rigging.Really need to do something because of the Florida Sun.
        > Thanks,
        > Charlie

      • charles
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2011
          Thanks Phil.
          I will just have to have one made with slits for the back stay.
          Don't want to change any of the rigging. These 250's had adds for dodgers as an option. I don't see how unless they raised the boom and moved the traveler. The cockpit is really tight but I would like some shade.I spend a lot of quite time on my boat.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011