Re: Marine Toilet Installation on a 240

  • bayliner.bill
    Message 1 of 16 , May 8, 2009
      Thanks for the quick response Walt. I understand your point but since I have never sailed a Bucc 240 before, I was wondering if she would heel that far. I read somewhere that a 240 is not sailed with a heel beyond 20 degrees. Sure looks that way from pictures in the photo gallery.
      ??
    • Phil Collins
      Message 2 of 16 , May 8, 2009
        Pretty sure the bottom of the toilet will be below the waterline even at the dock.
        Install the loops, don't even question it.

        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bayliner.bill" <bayliner.bill@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the quick response Walt. I understand your point but since I have never sailed a Bucc 240 before, I was wondering if she would heel that far. I read somewhere that a 240 is not sailed with a heel beyond 20 degrees. Sure looks that way from pictures in the photo gallery.
        > ??

      • thingman2000
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2, 2010
          Bill I was looking back through soem old threads & noticed this one that you started. I too have a manual toilet I wish to install on my 240 Buc. What did you encounter in the installation that would be helpful to know going into the project? Where is yours locate? Did you use a loop? Ect. Thanks & take care. Bob

          --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bayliner.bill" <bayliner.bill@...> wrote:

          > I'm installing a Jabsco Manual toilet in place of the porta potti. Here in Newfoundland , we can discharge directly into the sea.The question is whether the toilet is going to be always above the maximum waterline? If not then I will have to install vented loops for intake and outlet. Any advise?

        • thingman2000
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 2, 2010

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 2, 2010
              Bob: Yep! Installed the marine toilet last spring. Used it all summer. My passengers loved it. It was a piece of cake. I put it right in the same spot as the portapotti. I used a Jabsco Twist Loc. I put a 3/4" thru hull in the storage area forward of the head and a 11/2" under the galley seat aft of the head. Used a loop above the toilet and used bronze whereever I could. Double clamped everything. I can take some pics and post them. When do you need to install? It takes an afternoon. "Character" is wrapped up now. I can get at her in early May.

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                Found one pic from last summer. see album Character. Bill

                --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bayliner.bill" <bayliner.bill@...> wrote:

                > Bob: Yep! Installed the marine toilet last spring. Used it all summer. My passengers loved it. It was a piece of cake. I put it right in the same spot as the portapotti. I used a Jabsco Twist Loc. I put a 3/4" thru hull in the storage area forward of the head and a 11/2" under the galley seat aft of the head. Used a loop above the toilet and used bronze whereever I could. Double clamped everything. I can take some pics and post them. When do you need to install? It takes an afternoon. "Character" is wrapped up now. I can get at her in early May.
                >
                > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "thingman2000" <thingman2000@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Bill I was looking back through soem old threads & noticed this one that you started. I too have a manual toilet I wish to install on my 240 Buc. What did you encounter in the installation that would be helpful to know going into the project? Where is yours locate? Did you use a loop? Ect. Thanks & take care. Bob
                > >
                > > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bayliner.bill" <bayliner.bill@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I'm installing a Jabsco Manual toilet in place of the porta potti. Here in Newfoundland , we can discharge directly into the sea.The question is whether the toilet is going to be always above the maximum waterline? If not then I will have to install vented loops for intake and outlet. Any advise?

              • Bob Ingman
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                  Thanks Bill. I`ll take a look. I was there yesterday. But missed it. Since my Buc had been entirely redone inside when I bought it( & I gutted all of that after taking ownership ) I have no idea where the original location was for the head. I`m thinking of the starboard side just inside the cabin. There is already a 3/4' fitting there that could be used. Take care. Bob

                  For a view of Southeast Alaska visit my gallery at
                  http://northland.smugmug.com

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                    Bill no wonder i did not see thee photo yesterday. It was not up at the time. What you have done is very very nice. Your photos are clear & detailed. What I would like to see when you are able is a wide shot from the companionway  showing the entire layout. I am trying to form a plan for overall layout & really have no idea of how to arrange it all for maximum efficiency. Thanks for posting the new photos. Take care. Bob

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                      Bob: My daughter sent me a shot that may be the layout pic from the companionway that you wanted. See new shot in album 'Character'.
                    • Bob Ingman
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                        Thanks Bill. I see some things I did not know about and would not have guessed. I`m still a bit curious about the area below deck from the entrance to the point shown at the bottom of your photo but it definately helped.
                         You have a very nice Buc inside & out. I like the second set of windows ( the lower ones). Must contribute a lot more light that what I`m used to. Take care. Bob

                        For a view of Southeast Alaska visit my gallery at
                        http://northland.smugmug.com

                        Bob: My daughter sent me a shot that may be the layout pic from the companionway that you wanted. See new shot in album 'Character'.

                      • Gary
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                          Bob
                           The link you have at the bottom of your message : http://northland. smugmug.com
                          Dos not work, is it just me or is it down?
                          Gary

                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                            I just checked the photo. The white thing is a cooler I had for the cod fish wew ere catching that day. The little wood grain door is an entrance to the electric pump that pushs water from the fresh water tank to the galley sink. The extra set of windows..well let me tell you...put them in !! It's just great when you sit at the table and can look out the window on either side of the boat. And the brightness in the cabin can't be beat. This is the first Bucc at my marina. There are also a lot of former fishing boats converted to motorsailers of a kikind. So, as you would expect they love our boat. Can't wait for this snow to stop and launch time to start!

                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                              Gary the link is active but from time to time the site is under repair. This is my photo site :
                              This is my Buc gallery:
                               This is my coffee table book list at the publishers book store:

                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                                with the added d works fine

                                Gary