Garelick Motor Bracket

  • bayliner.bill
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2009
      I have this bracket for my Merc 9.9 outboard. The springs have become weak and the bushings around the bolts have crumbled away to dust. Garelick will refurbish the bracket if I send it to them, but won't sell me the parts to do it myself. Has anybody had this problem? Can you suggest anywhere else where I can pick up equivalent parts?
    • Phil Collins
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2009
        I would ask them for an estimate, then box it and go find out how much shipping will cost.

        These brackets are plentiful in perfect used condition, and not all that expensive new. It could well cost more to recondition that one than to replace it.

        If it were me, I'd probably find bushings locally and perhaps find some springs locally and fix it.