just to let any one know about vinly headliner removel!

  • bucclivaboard
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 4:52 PM
      i started the work on removing all headliner and carpet on my bucc275, i know a lot of people have had to do this. any way what i have found works best is look for wires with a hand paint scraper and pull them out. go get a dremel multi master ot like tool HFT has a cheap one for under $40 and a rigid scraper blade. then run fore and aft or port to starboard or however, in as long of a stroke as you can. you dont have to push to hard, let the tool do the work. then once the vinyl is off and you have clumps of glue left over take a firm wire wheel on a drill or grinder, and wheel away! this turns the glue into dust so have eye and breathing safety gear! then you can use goo gone or a like product. and now you are ready to paint or recover the surface!