For Sale 1978 285cc

  • nothingventured285cc
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2009
      Numerous projects have drawn me away from my restoration of my 285cc
      and I'm planning on selling her. It has been a great experience so far and I've learned a great deal. Here's a list as complete as possible of what I've done and what condition "Nothing Ventured" is in.
      Overall the hull is in excellent condition with the original gelcoat in a dull but restorable condition (compound and polish) to be done.There are I think two small blisters that have been opened and need a little filling and fairing. The original bottom paint has been stripped. There are some small areas of crazing in the cockpit.
      The interior has been stripped and the coring has been completely redone
      (1/2" probalsa,1708 biax)
      The engine has been completely dismantled (Volvo MD7a) and is in a very good restorable condition. I have kept the original fuel tank but I think it will need to be replaced.
      The water tanks are like new. I've kept the complete electrical harness. The hatches are in excellent condition. The mast and boom are in very good original condition (original anodizing). All running rigging is in excellent condition. The original mainsail is still with the boat.
      There was a small area of delamination near the foward hatch that I have repaired. The rudder, bearings, quadrant and cables are in very good condition. As are the engine shaft, cutlass bearing, stern tube.
      The bow pulpit has a bend in it but I have a new/old replacement for it.
      I have completely restored the alcohol two burner stove and have a new SS swim ladder. The interior cushions will need recovering but the foam is in remarkable conditon.
      I have kept all screws, bolts, interior woodwork and teak trim, portlights, etc., etc.. I also have a complete photographic record of what I've done so far.
      The trailer is in very good condition but will need tires,some lights, and possibly some new wires.
      Located in Florida (34433), I'm pricing her at $3500.00 and hoping to find her a good home. Several photos are posted under "Nothing Ventured". Email me at trcrissinger@... or give me a call at (352)601-0763.
      Thanks, Tom