Re: B210 mainsail

  • gunkpunch
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1 7:43 AM
      thanks for the info, Bacon has one for $600, so already that's half of the cost of one here. I emailed Bremen as well, so I'll see what they come up with. Thanks again.

      Jay

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1 9:11 AM
        Can someone post the link for Bacon Sails?

        Thanks,

        Andrew

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1 10:23 AM
          There are a number of great "discount" sailmakers out there. But the deals aren't quite as great as they used to be due to the devaluation of the US dollar.
          Rolly Tasker, Airforce, FX, National etc. all have great reputations.
          Should be a able to buy a new main for a 210 for under $800, 6 or 8 years ago probably under $600.

          Be careful buying used sails. Even though companies like Bacon, Minnie's etc have a great rep, used sails are just that - used. Most of the time there is so little life left in them that it's false economy.

          Personally, I only consider used sails when its either an extra sail to complete my inventory that I'll likely rarely if ever use, or a 'get by' sail until I decide or can afford a new one, or it's dirt cheap but in realllllly like new condition. (But deals like that are pretty rare.)

          OR - I've bought a lot of used Racing Sails off the top guys in the Class, who use them for only a couple of regattas then sell for half of new cost. They buy new sails every year. That's a killer deal for my budget. But you won't have option for a Bucc...

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1 10:35 AM
            http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bacon+sails