Welcome!

  • Phil Collins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2009
      After much deliberation it was decided that this will be the new home
      for the Bayliner Buccaneer Sloops Group formerly hosted by MSN. That
      site has been very active, and a lot of valuable information has been
      exchanged over the years, but with the demise of MSN hosting, we had to
      move.

      As quickly as possible I will be saving as much of the information as I
      can from the MSN site and moving it here. It's a real pity the message
      board cannot be archived and saved. *If anyone can help with that -
      I'd love to hear from you!*

      As the Group Description says, everyone is welcome. Please join us!
      Initially, membership and posting is unmoderated. If this proves to be
      a problem (spam etc,) I will change the settings.

      Phil C.
    • Phil Collins
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2009
        after you setup your account, you can customize your choices.
        Many like to receive emails, either individually or as a daily
        digest. Many don't want any emails.
        I prefer to go to the site and read through the message board, due to
        the number of emails I get, plus you can follow the essence of each
        thread easier, check for new photos etc.
        You can choose to get or not get emails from others, or
        notifications from Yahoo or the moderators etc.

        My preference is not to hide the email addresses, so others can
        contact you directly. You will notice on your postings (at the site)
        that your personal email address is partly missing, this prevents the
        spammers from getting it, and other members don't get it either. If
        they click "send email" below the member's name, they can email you
        and they still don't have your address. If you reply, only THEN do
        they get your address. The system works well.

        Tips:
        When you get to the site, you see a page with the latest 4 or 5
        messages. I immediately click "Messages" on the left hand column and
        then look for that first unread message.

        To begin a NEW thread, click "Post" on the left column.
        To track threads, while reading a message, scroll down and below the
        message is a thread map.

        To reply within a thread, while reading the message just click Reply
        in the message window.

        Note: You can't have attachments on your messages. (Although come
        to think of it I *think* maybe if you add an attachment to a message
        it does go out only to those who take email.)
        For me it's better to put the attachment in my Photo folder or in the
        Files section and add a link to it in the message. Cleaner, and no
        one is wondering what the attachment was.
      • Phil Collins
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2009
          I also urge everyone to put some info in your "Profile."

          Doesn't have to be personal, but at least where you are in the world,
          and what boat you have is nice. I'd love it if names were used too, but
          some people prefer to keep some mystery... :-)
          After the member base grows, I for one will NOT be able to remember who
          has what and where...