Re: B240 as a Motorsailor?

  • bayliner.bill
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
      Thanks Kyle. Are they canvas covered frames or a hard canopy like wood or fibreglass?

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
        This sort of thing - http://csimarine.tripod.com/images/dodgerprofile.jpg
        -a hard dodger.
        A dodger (hard or soft) makes a HUGE difference in cold or rough weather.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
          Either way.
          google > images >
          search for 'sailboat dodger' and 'hard dodger' etc for thousands of ideas.

          --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "bayliner.bill" <bayliner.bill@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Kyle. Are they canvas covered frames or a hard canopy like wood or fibreglass?
          >
          > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, Davis Kyle <blackhawk_master68@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Nope. But here in the Northwest I've seen many cockpit canopies that enclose nearly the whole thing. A lot are custom jobs that look great and include the salon hatch. I don't have pics. Just seen them here and there at different marina's. Something to muill over.
          > >
          > > Kyle
          > > On Sep 25, 2010, at 7:32 AM41PDT, bayliner.bill wrote:
          > >
          > > > Has anyone ever converted a B240 to include a pilot house of some sort? It would be great for sailing this time of year in the North Atlantic. Today, it's 9 degrees C and raining. A dozen boats are out on the bay. Too miserable for me in an open cockpit.

        • Bob Ingman
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
             I hope I`m not offending anyone when I say that a motorsaioor has been my intention from day one with my Buc 240. It came with a single cylinder Volvo marine diesel installed. I would not have purchased this boat as sail power only. The waters of SE Alaska are too dangerous for that. I have always felt a higher degree of safety in a displacement hull for year round use. The dodger is yet to come health conditions permitting. Take care. Bob

            For a view of Southeast Alaska visit my gallery at
            http://northland.smugmug.com

          • blackhawk_master68@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
              Canvas...cockpit dodger was a term I was trying to remember.

              -- Sent from my Palm Pre