Heat

  • Greg Stoll
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
      Hi all,

      I have a Force 10 Kerosene Heater on my boat, and it works well
      enough, but it's pretty noisy. Does anyone have any experience with
      the Newport Solid Fuel heater? How about any of the propane heaters?
      Are they very noisy?

      Greg
    • bucclivaboard
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
        --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Stoll"
        <gregstoll80@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have a Force 10 Kerosene Heater on my boat, and it works well
        > enough, but it's pretty noisy. Does anyone have any experience with
        > the Newport Solid Fuel heater? How about any of the propane
        heaters?
        > Are they very noisy?
        >
        > Greg

        i have been around propane heaters, they sound like a small spinning
        wheel. the one i have seen is on a 40 foot saber and it wont heat a
        cold cabin that well, if you have power you may want to get a oil filled
        Radiator we use 1 one our 37 foot sailboat, as well as a small block
        heater it works great.