Re: Messy Mast Rigging

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 15, 2010
      Correction:
      ...one of the jib halyards attaches to the furler swivel which attaches to the head of the jib, and it's hoisted....

      And you'll find no parts available for those old furlers, but the bearing itself can be sourced at any industrial bearing supplier. The bottom threaded adjuster shaft/tang is generic part, same as the ones used on shroud turnbuckles, easy to get. Otherwise, if any other part is bad, either repair it, make your own replacement, or toss it and shop ebay for another. There's 10 of them listed at any given time. Be ware that you often have to buy 3 to get all the parts you need to make one work... (Never trust the descriptions of "in good shape," always assume the seller has no clue or isn't being quite honest...)