Re: Propane Stoves

  • mtboat1
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2010
      In regards to alcohol stoves.. I have a Homestrand 126. I don't know it's history, or if it is factory. It works like a charm. I have a unusual situation as I have a wood stove for heat, and I can't see taking the risk of propane. I don't get it anyway. I can carry several nice square cans of alcohol and they sit nice. I use a gallon a month, for 15.00 dollars spring and summer, and cook on the woodstove fall and winter. Only two rules: After the stove cools, crack the valve and make sure it's out, and..if an overfill occurs wait till the next day to light it, fire extinguisher is a bitch to clean up.