      From: "martin.wedepohl@... [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup]" <BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com>
      To: BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:16 PM
      Subject: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Problems bleeding MD7A

      I have a Buccaneer 295 with a Volvo Penta MD7A engine.  Last Sunday it was having difficulty idling would run at about 2000 RPM then over a minute would slowly drop to 500 RPM belch black smoke out the exhaust and repeat the process.  I replaced the Racor (filter/separator) before the fuel pump and the Bosch filter after the fuel pump.  I filled both with diesel before putting them back on.  I have opened the bleed screw on the Bosch filter and pumped for about 15 mins.  There is no fuel at all coming out of the bleed screw.  I have moved the flywheel a few times as it suggested that the pump cam might not be sitting right.

      Totally confused and frustrated right now.  Anyone with any ideas?

      Martin

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic